Bad customers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Customer that has a boiler breakdown, so you buy specific parts for it. Only to be avoided by that customer when you turn up on time to fix it.
What do you then do??

Sponsored Links
Depends on the amount you have outlayed for parts.
You can take item back as stated.
or go the small claims, i did once did quote for customer he agreed and signed etc brought parts then he cancelled.
sorry mate you owe me parts cost, small claims soon got costs back.

Sponsored Links
Customer that has a boiler breakdown, so you buy specific parts for it. Only to be avoided by that customer when you turn up on time to fix it.
What do you then do??
I’m sorry to hear that, it must be very annoying.

I suppose its possible they can’t afford the repair and are too embarrassed to say.

or they are obnoxious and think they can get it cheaper

Reactions: CBW
Many moons ago traders had a list of customers to avoid in our area.
People would be added to this list kept in our local.
So when a new customer contacted you for a quote, you'd check on the list, then go along for a quote.
There was a woman who ended up getting builders from Bristol and they came in our local one evening.
They started panicking when they heard that they were gonna have problems.
Didn't see them after that, so probably they just cleared off.
Some people are bad, no 2 ways about it.

Could be worse, you could have fitted the parts, and then non payment. I’ve heard this happens too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back