Balanced flue question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
3EDA9CAE-E0AC-4222-98F2-292AC69113ED.jpeg

Hello, looking for advice please about a balanced flue.

I am buying a house with a boiler that has a balanced flue (don’t know make / model right now but can add later). I want to build a shed near the wall that the flue comes out of, as close as possible, so much closer than the 600mm that is permitted I believe.

I have seen that plume kits can be fitted to condensing boilers but I believe this boiler has a balanced flue (see pic). Is it possible to divert this type of flue so I can build my shed close to the wall? I’m hoping I can divert it up, over the shed.

Thanks for any suggestions and advice.

Sponsored Links
not possible with this type of flue,
the boiler is an Ideal Classic RS by the looks, its a decent boiler but a bit old so it might be worth getting a new one anyway.
it appears to be quite low down too, perhaps its below the worktop or in a cupboard.

also, it needs a terminal guard (y)

As above. These boilers and their associated flue components have been out of production for circa 15 years - you're not going to find anywhere that has any, and I'm not sure diverter kits were ever produced for these in any case. No, you can't just make your own...

You could try having the boiler moved, but if the flue gets damaged in the process it's new boiler time.

Sponsored Links
Probably a 40 year old Ideal Concord if you ask me, flue gas temperature of around 250 C compared to 50-60C from a modern condencing boiler, no brainer, change it.

I was worried you were all going to say that.
About £2.5k for a new boiler then!
Thanks for the advice.

I now know the boiler is a Concord WRS 240B. I take it that doesn’t change anyone’s opinion?
Thanks again.

Makes me more inclined to suggest you should get a new boiler!

you cant alter that flue and it requires a terminal guard as already advised

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back