Bambergaspipe a "Gas Engineer"...lets have a vote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The term "engineer" is often an overused (and abused) term in this country and in particular is an inappropriate designation for many technical tradesman.

Overseas it is generally reserved for genuine engineering professions and is comparable with doctors and the like.

For Bamber though, after his recent ramblings, to call himself an engineer is plainly ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I like to think I know a little more than the average gas installer BUT I am certainly no gas engineer but perhaps a technician.

So my vote to Bamber being a gas engineer....a definite NO :LOL:

Sponsored Links
In europe engineers actually have to hold a degree to be termed as such, certain institutes over here are following suit.

What qualifications would you need to be able to properly call yourself 'Plumbing and Heating Engineer'

NVQ would probably only way in as Eng Tech. Mechanical Engineering degree possably (a firm i got offered a job with call their gas positions Mechincal Eng-gas)

Sponsored Links
I can't make up my mind whether Bamber is either a CC (Course Cowboy) or a CCC which is a Career Change Chancer.

Maybe he will enlighten us. :LOL: :LOL:

Bahco said:
I can't make up my mind whether Bamber is either a CC (Course Cowboy) or a CCC which is a Career Change Chancer.

Maybe he will enlighten us. :LOL: :LOL:

doubt it

he is on a mission to achieve summink

gawd knows what

You guy`s :oops:

I don`t deserve all this attention. :oops: (shucks) :oops:

However it`s time fer old Bamber too `fess up. I am not a gas engineer. I will tell you who I am tomorrow night. ;)

cant remeber as much suspence as this since i last watched magic roundabout.

ricicle said:
What qualifications would you need to be able to properly call yourself 'Plumbing and Heating Engineer'

Heating Engineer, Building Services Engineer. Honours degree in Building Services and corporate membership of CIBSE (about 3 years additional experience).

I don't mind technicians calling themselves engineers, it allows easy identification of the knobs.

I don't mind technicians calling themselves engineers, it allows easy identification of the knobs.

oh dear onetap.......... we know you drive a german car . :cry: :cry: :cry:

i can go 1 better

1 turkish (heap of ****e) van, 1 french van (complete with broken cam belt!) and 1 french car (lovely motor, Aircon, comfy, and cheap to run/insure

what im suggesting is that onetaps point of view correlates quite nicely with a bmw driver .

get it. ?

Bambergaspipe said:
You guy`s :oops:

I don`t deserve all this attention. :oops: (shucks) :oops:

However it`s time fer old Bamber too `fess up. I am not a gas engineer. I will tell you who I am tomorrow night. ;)

George Agdgdgwngo and you work for british gas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back