Ban the Burka in shops?

Sponsored Links
Ban the Balaclava in shops !!

wb.jpg

You can't wear motorcycle helmets in shops - so is it time to ban the burka too?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ackled-selfridges-raider-8648535.html[/QUOTE]

burkas are a religious symbol and for some a modesty requirement so why would you ban them ??

people misuse pencils shoes hammers and all sorts off things that can be used in a threatening and dangerous way
but people with a modicum off intelligence do not have such a knee jerk reaction

if you ban everything that is abused in a dangerous way there will be nothing left

Sponsored Links
You can't wear motorcycle helmets in shops - so is it time to ban the burka too?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ackled-selfridges-raider-8648535.html[/QUOTE]

burkas are a religious symbol and for some a modesty requirement so why would you ban them ??

people misuse pencils shoes hammers and all sorts off things that can be used in a threatening and dangerous way
but people with a modicum off intelligence do not have such a knee jerk reaction

if you ban everything that is abused in a dangerous way there will be nothing left

With respect, I'm not religious, therefore I recognise a religious belief as I do a muppet requirement !!

We are humans and our faces are the key to our existence to each other.. so the expectation that our faces are available to view is the core of civilisation....

You go on about "banning everything" !!!! and then talk about "knee-jerk reactions... !!!

No substance big-all.. sorry !!

With respect, I'm not religious, therefore I recognise a religious belief as I do a muppet requirement !!

We are humans and our faces are the key to our existence to each other.. so the expectation that our faces are available to view is the core of civilisation....

You go on about "banning everything" !!!! and then talk about "knee-jerk reactions... !!!

No substance big-all.. sorry !!

something is abused by perhaps 0.0000000000000001 percent off the population and banning it is a good choice or course off action :?: :?:

i dont want to ban anything i am suggesting with un-thout out reactions you would ban virtually everything ;)

something is abused by perhaps 0.0000000000000001 percent off the population and banning it is a good choice or course off action :?: :?:

Big all, I hate to be a pedant, but your 0.00... etc number represents far too small a subset.. and it's "of", not "off" !!

And you're suggesting burqa wearers have rights, yet forget my rights...

Muslims seem to have a very particular identlty which many want to preserve, but not if I have to change my ways... why should I, in my country?

Big all, I hate to be a pedant, but your 0.00... etc number represents far too small a subset.. and it's "of", not "off" !!

And you're suggesting burqa wearers have rights, yet forget my rights...

Muslims seem to have a very particular identlty which many want to preserve, but not if I have to change my ways... why should I, in my country?

the point i am making is its less 1% off 60 million or a very irrelevant percentage so not worth a comment in the real world never mind a ban

i have no probs with you picking up my spelling and grammatically errors as i am still learning :D

You can't wear motorcycle helmets in shops -

Yes you can....I do it all the time.

Then I suggest you go to Morrisons at the Mall in Cribbs Causeway here in Bristol, fill your tank then go in to pay for it with a £20 note and your lid on as I did last year, they refused to take my money and called security!

Crash helmets are a safety item required by law to drive a motorcycle on UK roads so why would they be banned in stores and petrol stations?

Burkas are not a legal requirement, they are AFAIK not a religious requirement (so they keep saying - they just prefer them).

So if someone who HAS to wear a helmet to ride a bike has to remove it to go into a store (because they want to be able to identify the person) then for equality Burka wearers damn well should too.

If they object then they can go elsewhere just the same as a motorcyclist would have to.

It's simple really, nothing racist about it - just plain old equality.

Crash helmets are a safety item required by law to drive a motorcycle on UK roads so why would they be banned in stores and petrol stations?

Burkas are not a legal requirement, they are AFAIK not a religious requirement (so they keep saying - they just prefer them).

So if someone who HAS to wear a helmet to ride a bike has to remove it to go into a store (because they want to be able to identify the person) then for equality Burka wearers damn well should too.

If they object then they can go elsewhere just the same as a motorcyclist would have to.

It's simple really, nothing racist about it - just plain old equality.

i am not suggesting you ban or permit anything at at all
a crash helmet is not required in a public space when not riding a vehicle but i am not commenting about that really

we are talking about perception off a threat and the reality
it is fully up to a shop or other establishment to suggest that crash helmets or other attire is not to there liking for security reasons
if there suggestions are within the law its up to the people who may or may not choose to shop there to choose or not choose to shop there

This is a good enough reason to ban the Burka in shops etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22811466

Although I suspect that they would have ignored the ban.

explain to me why a minute percentage off people abusing something is a reason to ban it??

shops have the option within the law to select there requirements
they can choose to trade or not
you also say "this is a good enough reason to ban a burka"
even though its a hypothetical so not a actual situation you suggest they will ignore a non existent situation why??

Sponsored Links
Back