Banks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Russian collaborator and chief quitter Aaron Banks who masterminded Russian funding for Brexit, is having cold feet.
I wonder if it is anything to do with the criminal investigation.

Dumb quitters.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if it is anything to do with the criminal investigation

No, just this:

He said: "The corruption I have seen in British politics, the sewer that exists and the disgraceful behaviour of the government over what they are doing with Brexit and how they are selling out, means that if I had my time again I think we would have been better to probably Remain and not unleash these demons.

Sponsored Links
"The corruption I have seen in British politics, the sewer that exists and the disgraceful behaviour of the government
That would be his two favourite parties - UKIP and the Tories then.

He did all he could to con the gullible and now he rescinds his position on that. What a ****.

No, just this:

He said: "The corruption I have seen in British politics, the sewer that exists and the disgraceful behaviour of the government over what they are doing with Brexit and how they are selling out, means that if I had my time again I think we would have been better to probably Remain and not unleash these demons.

It's likely he didn't expect to win, he passed the money through his business because he owed someone a favour or expected one in return in the future.

When he won, well the spotlight was on him and now he's trying to backtrack but the damage has been done.

If you stand by that statement of his notch then you still vote tory, what does that say about you? :mrgreen:

Russian collaborator and chief quitter Aaron Banks who masterminded Russian funding for Brexit, is having cold feet.
I wonder if it is anything to do with the criminal investigation.

Dumb quitters.
Alleged Russian collaborator is the correct term, innocent until proven guilty and all that.
If it is wrong in principle for political groups or individual politicians to accept foreign money why is it ok for George Soros and the likes of the Israelis to finance British political parties.

Alleged Russian collaborator is the correct term, innocent until proven guilty and all that.
If it is wrong in principle for political groups or individual politicians to accept foreign money why is it ok for George Soros and the likes of the Israelis to finance British political parties.

Nice myth debunked. Soros contributions were not during an election cycle.

Nice myth debunked. Soros contributions were not during an election cycle.
I didn't say anything about any election cycle, Soros has funded pro remain groups, I am not saying he did anything illegal either but is it ethical that foreigners should be allowed to interfere issues like Brexit.

I didn't say anything about any election cycle, Soros has funded pro remain groups, I am not saying he did anything illegal either but is it ethical that foreigners should be allowed to interfere issues like Brexit.

Interfere? Interesting point. So does the USA or Trump have any right to comment on Brexit? Do Foreign company bosses who employ UK workers have a right to comment?

Where do you draw the line and what do you consider as interference?

Interfere? Interesting point. So does the USA or Trump have any right to comment on Brexit? Do Foreign company bosses who employ UK workers have a right to comment?

Where do you draw the line and what do you consider as interference?
There is a big difference between someone voicing an opinion on an issue like Brexit and someone pumping large sums of cash into political groups on one side of the argument.

There is a big difference between someone voicing an opinion on an issue like Brexit and someone pumping large sums of cash into political groups on one side of the argument.

So it is lobbying that you object to? Or just political lobbying? What about donations to political parties?

£24.4m was pumped into the Leave campaign. It seems that you don't like the fact the funding came from Soros?

Sponsored Links
Back