Basic advice on capping off pipes and shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post so please be nice...:LOL:

Stripping out our bathroom at the moment and need to cap off the pipes that lead to sink and bath taps (2x15mm on sink and 1x15mm and 1x22mm on bath). Having it all plastered later this week so need everything out, and hopefully fit the new suite in a week or so.

Had a look online and looks as though I can buy the compression stop ends from Screwfix etc. - is this the best method? Thought about putting isolation valves in instead, but plumber is recommending replacing pipes, which id rather do when we fit the new suite if possible.

Also, I have an electric shower which I need to take down / isolate before Friday - is it a similar method for this? Can see the inlet pipe on the wall but doesn't seem as straight forward for a newbie DIYer like myself!

Thanks in advance, Z

Sponsored Links
Thanks Cgas, is that what's usually used for isolating the shower?

If you can get one on it can be tight, you can use em for anything water related, I wouldn't use them permenantly but great for temporary use.

Sponsored Links
I'll give it a go tomorrow and feedback (fingers crossed) cheers for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back