Basic roof tile question......

The original picture Shows the bottom of the valley and verge detail.
Its not normally finished like that at all.
Before the valley tiles were cut and fitted a lead saddle should have been fitted this would have protected the timber and also diverted anything from the verge into the gutter.
How ever, it wont be too long before the valley fails and will need replacing. Then it can all be corrected along with any timber rot.
Thanks for the clear explanation, appreciated. Does anybody have an idea of what I could expect to pay for the above work, worst case scenario, based in East Dorset?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone that responded. Apologies for not thanking earlier but been on holiday for a week.

Other than replacing the valley and all that entails, is it not possible to just cover the valley with GRP or similar (excuse my ignorance here, but on a previous house with part flat roof, replacement was GRP I think, though appreciate it was flat and not tiled as in this case).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back