Bath not quite square/tiling.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im just in the middle of fitting a new bathroom in my house. I have fit the bath but think I maybe have made a mistake.

The bath has three walls around it and goes tight into the gap. Now it's all level and siliconed but I have realised that when I have come to start tiling I haven't squared it up well enough. At the 800mm end of the bath one side is tight to the wall and the outside edge is around 8mm away. I have 8mm tiles and have dry placed them and they are obviously running out slightly from the bath.

Is there any way round this or would I be better ripping the bath out to get it squarer. I think it would have to involve chasing a bit of the wall at the long edge of the bath too.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
get a deep right angle tile edge and back the adhesive out as you progress towards it. and do the same at the other end to match if your that fussed otherwise use a tile edge to match the thickness of the tiles at that end if it's all square

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back