Bath/Shower Fan with Timer & Low Volage Light

RF Lighting said:
The picture I posted is of a Vent Axia luminair fan / light unit.

The transformer for the Vent Axia ones will take a maximum lamp wattage of 20W

What size lamp have you fitted?
Can you see a rating for the lamp on the transformer unit?
The transformer for this one will also take a maximum lamp wattage of 20W.
The lamp type that came in the kit is Low Voltage Halogen, GX5.3
Supply Voltage - Lamp 12V - 50Hz
Rated Power - Lamp 20W maximum
IPRating IP 24
Max Ambient Temp 40degC
Double insulated
Complies with BSEN 60598-1: 2000[/img]

Sponsored Links
It all looks in order.

I was just wondering if you were maybe trying to run a 50W lamp off a 20W transformer.

(Not insulting your intellegence, but I've seen it done sooooo many times)

got the info from my old man, good news is his replacement transformer was only £2.75, bad news is you need £40 minimum order to qualify for free postage! he got item no. 55497 from toolstation.com. its a 60w electronic one so that gives some leeway, but do note that some have a minimum wattage aswell as the usual maximum wattage stated, many other places have similar items presumably at similar prices, but what ever you do i would go down hard on wickes it seams they have a problem and they need to know about it to solve it!

Sponsored Links
sm1thson said:
got the info from my old man, good news is his replacement transformer was only £2.75, bad news is you need £40 minimum order to qualify for free postage! he got item no. 55497 from toolstation.com. its a 60w electronic one so that gives some leeway, but do note that some have a minimum wattage aswell as the usual maximum wattage stated, many other places have similar items presumably at similar prices, but what ever you do i would go down hard on wickes it seams they have a problem and they need to know about it to solve it!
Cheers for that info. I will challenge Wickes first and let you know how I get on>

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back