Bath tap spanner tool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mono bloc bath tap and need to remove it to do a new silicone seal as it is very close to the tiles. I cannot get my finger behind properly.

So i need to remove the unit and then do the silicone.

Does anyone know the size of the spanner i will need. I have 22mm threaded couplings on the tap threads at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Monobloc ,bath tap with 22 mm fittings ???? Can you post a pic please ?

It a mixer tap, so hot and cold go in under the bath and out of one spout. Def 22mm couplings on the tap thread.

Not a monobloc then. The sizes of the nuts vary ,although the thread will be 3/4 bsp. A crowfoot will usually do ,but an adjustable bath spanner is better ad they adjust to different size nuts

Edit .. See screwfix code 14631 described as adjustable basin wrench ,but does bath as well. ,5 quid.

Sponsored Links
Access is really bad. I can just reach round the back with my hand to get the furthest nut. Cant get my head in though to look at what is happening.

IS the adjustable bath spanner the wrench with a long stem? I have one but reckon it will be hard to use. I thought those mono block spanners would be easier to use.

Ok yes i do have that wrench. Difficult to use i reckon in this instance.

Last edited:
If by mono bloc spanner ,you are referring to a box spanner ,they are ok for the backnut that holds the tap to the bath ,but useless for the nut on the fitting that connects to the tap tail. A monobloc tap is like what you have on a kitchen sink , goes thru one hole in the sink. Yours goes thru two holes in the bath doesnt it ? Thats a bath mixer / filler or deck mixer. The long handled one is the one i gave the screwfix code for.

Yes it is the back nut i want to get off. So the box spanner is what i was thinking. The speed fit tap connectors are luckily hand tighten ones.

So eBay sell these spanners and i have some small ones for the mono blocs, but not a size for these big back nuts. Just not sure of the size to get.

Ah ,ok. Get a double ended one 3/4 one end 1/2 inch the other. Mines a rothenberg ,seven quid at screwfix. But be aware the nut sizes vary ,and may not fit yours . When i encounter that problem i use a flat piece of copper as a shim bent over the spanner ,on one flat of the hexagonal shape.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back