Bath troubles!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So I have a problem with my bath. It takes 4+ hours to drain

I have taken pipes apart underneath. No blockage. I used I long flexible pole with a 'brush' on the end. Nothing came up with it and it was moving about freely. Put it through u bend too. Reassembled. Still blocked. It takes about 1.5 pints of water to start backing up.

Felt the pipes as I used hot water. Could feel hot water in u bend but water not going any further. Took apart again.. no blockage.

What the hell is going on? I'm sick of having to scrub the bath hours after we have finished bathing as all the scum sticks to the sides from draining so slowly.

Any ideas appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Had a similar problem with my ensuite shower the pipes I could follow I found no blocks. Someone recommended getting a Henry Hoover sticking it down the pipe and ensuring you seal round the pipe for best suction and turning it on. Made a weird sound then like a clunk and a load of crap came out of no where, never had a problem since. Careful as it could mess your hoover up water and electric etc.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

So I have a problem with my bath. It takes 4+ hours to drain

I have taken pipes apart underneath. No blockage. I used I long flexible pole with a 'brush' on the end. Nothing came up with it and it was moving about freely. Put it through u bend too. Reassembled. Still blocked. It takes about 1.5 pints of water to start backing up.

Felt the pipes as I used hot water. Could feel hot water in u bend but water not going any further. Took apart again.. no blockage.

What the hell is going on? I'm sick of having to scrub the bath hours after we have finished bathing as all the scum sticks to the sides from draining so slowly.

Any ideas appreciated!

You have a blockage... somewhere downstream of your bath!
do any other drains have the problem?
Does your bath have its own waste to a hopper, gulley?
If nothing else gets blocked then its somewhere in the bath run.
Internal or external stacks in your property?
Flat? House? 2 storeys? 10?
Rodding eyes visible anywhere?
And so on????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back