Bathroom cold water tap siezing up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, firstly I am a complete novice when it comes to plumbing.

I have a problem with the cold water tap on the bath. When you turn it on it literally just trickles out and if you put it on fully it actually stops. I had similar prob with cold water tap on sink in bathroom couple years ago and when plumber was around doing other work he took it apart and greased it somehow and all has been fine since.

Can someone advise me as to how I go about doing this...i.e turning off mains, draining system, undoing tap and where to apply grease inside tap.

The tap ,by the way, is a mixer style with shower attachment coming out from top of it.

Many thanks in advance,
Chris

Sponsored Links
Basically you've answered your own question, it depends on the actual tap construction. Quite often the washer will have spread and stopped things working properly. Get in there and have a look!

Thanks for replying chris,

Ok so I'm going to take it apart and attack it with grease!! Do I just apply it all over the inside? I know when my plumber did this on th basin tap it was certainly a problem that gresing alone solved and this prob now with bath tap is shows exactly the same symptoms.

Cheers
Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back