bathroom conversion to wet room...is this notifiable work to BC?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is converting a bathroom to use as a wet room notifiable to BC and therefore subject to BC fees?

Sponsored Links
The electrical and drainage work might be, it depends what your doing.

Blup

I don't believe so, I think it's only when changing the use of a room/adding a new one that it is notifiable. Easy to check though.

I changed a toilet and pantry to wet room, and yes got into trouble for not notifying. But had I realised the builder who had run off had not notified, and said nothing, no one would have known.

Sponsored Links
Is converting a bathroom to use as a wet room notifiable to BC and therefore subject to BC fees?
A bathroom is a bathroom, changing it to a wet room isn't changing it from a bathroom. All you are doing is making the bathroom you have watertight, if you see what I mean.

As suggested though, if you are adding extra electrics/circuits and/or digging in new foul drains etc, then that's different as they are classed as major changes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back