Bathroom coverup advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we had to get some emergency drain work done recently but it’s meant that part of the tiling had to be removed and now the toilet drain pipe is visible
Is there a good diy way to cover this up? I don’t have a tile cutter so not sure if that’s required here

Total noob here so not sure where to start…

Attachments

• IMG_0659.jpeg
    IMG_0659.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 41
Sponsored Links
Do you have any more of those tiles? If so a couple of bits of plywood to make a cover, glue the tiles to the cover in the correct places so the grout lines line up, then around the edges against the original tiles I'd use silicone so if in the future you need to remove it you can just cut through the silicone.

I dont have the same tiles, but you give me some great ideas. I can atleast get some cheap plywood and a saw and cover up this - then if its paint, or a "slightly similiar" tile, its still better than the current view which is horrific.

would i use a caulking or a sealant gun for the silicone? I think sealant, but not sure.

Sponsored Links
Caulking/sealant gun are the same thing, a cheap light duty one will do for a one off job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back