Bathroom door handle loose, comes off

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I have a door handle that just comes loose and falls off. I suspect there's some sort of small screw that's missing, perhaps in the small eyehole on the side?

I've attached pics showing the handle on and off, and a pic of the exposed lock ... any idea what I should do here?

Much thanks in advance,
Agam

Door handle 3.JPG

Door handle 2.JPG

Door handle 1.JPG

Door handle 4.JPG

Sponsored Links
Is there a screw inside hole of the donut shaped ring on the handle.
It could be that when handle is fitted, that needs adjusting to make it secure.
Does the door rose come off, it may need turning?
Could be something that would have held the handle secure behind it,

Last edited:
I looked and compared with the handle that works fine, and I don't see any difference between them for the hole within the donut shaped ring.

Thanks for replying though!

Sponsored Links

Can you see any sort of say something like an allen key hole?? the reason for asking is that the handle could?? be held in place by the allen key turning and forcing the plastic inserts outward to "grab" the inner surface of the handle?

Just a consideration?

Ken.

That's the manual override hole for the thumb lock, which needs a 'key' (i.e. slotted screwdriver) for when a kid gets trapped in the bathroom, etc.

Here is the PDF instructions for the Kwikset Balboa Bed Bath Lever Satin Nickel that you have...
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/72/7265c593-1c48-4792-a313-6f4e85a773c4.pdf

From this picture, the external handle and spindle come already connected from the factory...

lockhandle.jpg

And from this picture, it shows that only the internal handle has a grub screw...

lockhandle internal.jpg

Gaz :)

Last edited:
In your first picture, is that a hole we can see?...

lockagain.jpg

Gaz :)

Thanks Gaz, Ken, PrenticeBoy,

Yes, the hole on the cylinder is the "emergency" open.

There is a hole on the side, which I was hoping would have some sort of missing screw, but ... I don't see such a screw on the "good lock" on another door, so I'm confused about what that side hole is for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back