Bathroom extractor running continuously

Sponsored Links
steady on!
The manual was wrong on the previous occasion and I thought it was worth checking

Hmm, As BAS has illustrated, it looks like you were looking at the wrong diagram in the manual. The manual that covers both the timer and non-timer versions.

But never mind. Lets hope it works OK.

My standard (no-timer) unit appears to have 3 terminals contrary to the manual but one of them isn't wired into the unit. That caused me some confusion but back on the straight and narrow!

Sponsored Links
As above: the manual is quite clear:

upload_2019-5-7_14-36-43.png

My standard (no-timer) unit appears to have 3 terminals contrary to the manual but one of them isn't wired into the unit.

Why would it be? Is it not just connected to the PCB? it doesn't need three wires going to the motor to make it run.

There don't appear to be wires from the L or N either.

upload_2019-5-7_14-38-39.png

There isn't a similar diagram for the 100 (not T).

Have you been given the wrong model - and a duff one at that?

As above: the manual is quite clear:...
I'm getting a bit confused. The OP has said that he has a VX100 (non-timer) and the diagram you have posted appears to be "quite clear" in showing that the VX100 has no 'T' terminal (only L, N and an 'if required' earth one) - whereas the OP is saying that his does have a 'T' terminal (although he does not think that it is internally connected to anything).

Kind Regards, John

Yes.

So, what is the conclusion?

He does have a timer model (even though not asking for one) or they have manufactured the non-timer model differently.

I have shown by the diagrams from the instructions that, in any case, the T terminal does not have a wire connected to it - and neither do the L and N terminals as it happens.

Perhaps a picture is needed.

So, what is the conclusion? He does have a timer model (even though not asking for one) or they have manufactured the non-timer model differently.
Who knows, but if I had to guess, I would probably guess the latter. It's not unusual for details in instructions to differ from the actual product, and nor is it unusual for one of a range of products to have bits that are 'redundant' for some models in the range (e.g. a 'T' terminal in non-timer models of the range).

If the OP does have a timer model (although he didn't ask for one), it presumably is faulty - since otherwise his initial wiring (assuming the conductors were correctly identified) would have 'worked'.
Perhaps a picture is needed.
If we/you are doubting what the OP has told us about what he has (i.e. that he has a VX100), then a photo of the label, showing the model number, would clearly act as a good referee!

Kind Regards, John

I’m happy to spend around £80 for this tester. I think a screen measuring the voltage would be very helpful as I don’t have a separate multimeter. Can you provide some recommendations please? Thanks

Was that link supposed to reveal a potential flaw? It takes me to the Amazon page for the tester

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back