Bathroom extractor running continuously

Jupiter,
Regarding recommending a Multimeter, Fluke is a fantastic name and product.
And are also good because they do highlight when they have an issue with their products, which most others do not. So again a great plus on their products.

Always make sure meter is CAT III rated.

If on a budget there is the "Amecal" range, with the 9905 ay £40 and 9927 at £80 both being good, robust and safe.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_osacat=0&_odkw=Amecal

And nice review here of Multimeters and demonstarting what CAT III constcrtion means:

SFK

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Thanks @SFK. I am looking for a two pole voltage tester on this occasion. Is the video you posted still relevant?

Jupiter,
Sorry , missed that.
No the video only shows Multimeters.
But does demonstrate the internals of why a good CAT III meter or two pole, such as from Fluke, is essential over buying a 'no-name' £15 meter, even if from Screwfix.

Regarding, your focus, I do not believe that Amecal sell two pole meters with display. And any Fluke is a great product.

SFK

Last edited:
It's an excellent make.

Whether you need to pay for the extra features on it vs the T90 or T110 only you can decide.

If you wanted to spend a bit more, and get more, I'd suggest this: https://www.beha-amprobe.com/en/products/electrical-testers/junior-set-and-kits/amprb-eu-03-a

Multimeter, 2-pole voltage indicator and dedicated continuity tester, all in a handy case, and also an excellent make. Not sold in the UK, for some mad reason, but easy enough to buy from elsewhere in Europe on eBay or Amazon etc.

Sponsored Links
I opted for the T130 over the earlier models as it has a voltage reading. I don’t own a multimeter and this will come in handy when I also want to measure the current. That was my thinking

I opted for the T130 over the earlier models as it has a voltage reading. I don’t own a multimeter and this will come in handy when I also want to measure the current. That was my thinking
Are you saying that you are going to get both a T130 and a multimeter (the latter for when you want to measure current - or did you perhaps mean voltage, rather than current?)?

Kind Regards, John

Sorry I meant that the T130 will do the voltage reading as well as voltage detection. Do I have this right?

I am not intending to buy a multimeter

Sorry I meant that the T130 will do the voltage reading as well as voltage detection. Do I have this right?
Yes, that's right - the confusion (in my mind) only arose because you typed 'current', when it should have been 'voltage' :)

Kind Regards, John

Yes.

Note that those two things are separate functions - whether voltage is present or not is indicated by the red and yellow illuminated blocks. Those are what you use to confirm that the circuit is dead before doing any work on it.

The LCD will show what the actual voltage is - but that is not what you look at to confirm it's dead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back