Bathroom light safe?

It will be mounted >0.6m from the taps
> is the symbol for more then, I have assumed you meant <, less than.
Why on earth did you make an assumption which, as you've subsequently said (and I agree), makes no sense - when what the op actually wrote does make sense? ... and you don't have to take my word for it; as you presumably saw, the op responded to your incorrect assumption with:

I said >600mm. In reality it will likely be around 800m from the taps

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
holmslaw, as you know, when you start wriggling, I bow out.

We all know how to recognise, from your behaviour, when you realise that you are wrong - but I wonder whether you have ever actually admitted in words to being wrong? (most of us here have, many times, so it's really not something you need to be frightened of doing from time to time).

Kind Regards, John.

You are too stupid to understand anything involving common sense.

Did you know that jumbo jets fly at >0.6 mts above the ground, do you think thats a safe height.

Getting your symbols mixed up and reading >0.6m as "up to 0.6m" is an understandable mistake... spending the entire thread trying to cover up your mistake by claiming you assumed the opposite of what was written for no reason at all, just looks ridiculous.

Sponsored Links
It is perfectly obvious that the OP mentioned ">0.6m" because he thought the taps would create a zone 2.

There have been several cases of misreading in the last couple of days leading to lengthy discussions about the wrong end of the stick.

So holmslaw - let's see if I've got this straight

The OP said "It will be mounted >0.6m from the taps placing it in zone 3", you decided that he didn't know what '>' meant, and assumed that he meant to write "It will be mounted less than 0.6m from the taps placing it in zone 3".

He corrected you, repeating that he'd said over 600mm, but in reality it would be about 800mm from the taps. And according to you that means that he doesn't know what he wants.

Also according to you, JohnW2 and I are missing a few brain cells, but when I said it seemed that it was you with that problem that made me Mr Nasty.

When John asked why on earth you assumed that ">0.6m" really meant "<0.6m" you said he was too stupid to understand anything involving common sense. Remind me again who Mr Nasty is?

And since you raised the issue of common sense, there is the matter of the OP's exact words. Given that he said "..placing it in Zone 3", were you displaying common sense when you decided he meant it would be < 600mm above the taps?

As John said - we all know how to recognise, from your behaviour, when you realise that you are wrong. You've clearly never taken on board the advice that when you're in a hole you should stop digging.

But that's not a wholly bad thing. It's funny to watch your attempts to dig yourself out of a hole, and as we are always getting new people here it will be useful to them for you to keep on demonstrating what a tw*t you can be.

We all know how to recognise, from your behaviour, when you realise that you are wrong - but I wonder whether you have ever actually admitted in words to being wrong? (most of us here have, many times, so it's really not something you need to be frightened of doing from time to time).

I love it when people unknowingly post proof that they have lost the argument, Bas continually makes the same mistake. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
On the contrary, when BAS loses an argument, he keeps schtum. I can tell you from experience that this is deeply frustrating to the winner.

On the other hand, holmslaw is a delightful loser. He continues to dig deeper, covering himself in effluent in the process.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back