Bathroom paint flaking?

In practice? Do what the manufacturers tell you to do. Get over it and stop giving bad advice.

You can do more than hinder.

Sponsored Links
I don't know why I keep arguing with you about this but take note of the words 'first time decoration'.

Nowhere does it suggest on this, or any contract matt, that it cannot be painted over with vinyl. Get over it!

BTW, they are the 'Manufacturer's Instructions' that you like to go on about. ;)

Take a look on the back of any vinyl tin and tell me if it says to undercoat with a weak contract matt. If contract matt is your final coat then fine. If it isn't - then it really isn't suitable as it leads to peeling. Contact the manufacturer.

I don't need to contact the manufacturer because I, and every other professional decorator, know it is fine. There is no issue with painting on top of contract matt other than the one in your head.

Next you'll be telling us that the Crown Matt in 10L tubs from Q&B is ideal for mistcoating.

Sponsored Links
Your choice. Carry on doing it wrong or contact the manufacturers.

Hi...all set...only make I could get is Leyland trade...Presume this is ok..acrylic eggshell ?

That should be fine. Don't forget to dilute it a little to ease application (although not essential) and if there is any bare plaster, mist it first. You can use the eggshell to mist if you want, but mix a little of it with at least 20% water to do so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back