Bathroom Plants

Sponsored Links
Hi Scoby_Beasley,

I'll take that into consideration ta, as I can always move it outside if it gets too lively, as I said earlier, I do like the greenforest thing but gotta draw the line if i cant move in there!

Thanks for the ideas peeps. Off to the garden centre tomorrow, see if they have any.

Likewise, i want to repot my canary phoeinx as i havent since i bought them two years ago as i never knew what soil they used, the one they were in was a strange type, probbie original and i didnt wanna kill them. I been looking on the web today and not really found anything to help. Maybe I should repost?

Rob.

If your talkin canary island date palms, any reputable potting compost will do but I'd go for one that says 'John Innes No. 3' . Its got the gravel in you need to aid drainage.

Hi Scoby_Beasley,

OK, many thanks, always been put off coz it was so differant but just been holding off their growth. I'll pick it all up tomorrow as I'm off.

Rob.

Sponsored Links
from the horses mouth....well the RHS anyway!

Phoenix are evergreen palms with solitary or clustered stems and narrowly oblong, pinnate leaves with linear segments, and drooping panicles of yellow flowers followed by fleshy ellipsoid fruits.

P. canariensis is a tree-like palm to 15m or more, with a stout trunk and spreading deep green leaves to 5m in length, pinnately divided into many linear leaflets; drooping panicles of creamy-yellow flowers, followed by reddish-yellow fruits.

Cultivation
Login to see plant cultivation information.

Pruning
No pruning required.

© The Royal Horticultural Society 2002 RHS Herbarium

Pests
May be attacked by glasshouse red spider mite , thrips , mealybugs and scale insects .

Diseases
Generally disease free.

Soil
Acid or Neutral.
Well-drained.
Loam.

Aspect
East or North facing.
Sheltered.

Propagation
Propagate by seed sown at not less than 25ºC.

Flowers: Cream and Pale Yellow in Summer.

Foliage: Dark Green.

Fruits: Red and Yellow in Autumn.

Evergreen/Deciduous: Evergreen.

Suggested Plant Uses: Architectural, Patio/Container Plants or Sub-tropical

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back