bathroom pull cord lighting switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to position this switch just inside the bathroom door and about 4" from the shower cubicle is this acceptable

Sponsored Links
What size is the bathroom?

Have a look at this diagram - the pull cord can only be in zone 3 or outside....

shower.jpg

EDIT wrong diagram but will keep this here for info
bath.jpg

My bathroom is 310 by 190 looking at your diagram it would appear that i cannot fit the switch in the room because the shower cubicle is on the left as you enter the room with the bath being the other end, i don't want to hang it in the hallway?

How high is the ceiling? Could you get it above 3m and in zone 3 for the shower?

Sponsored Links
If you can't fit it in the batroom you'll need a switch in the hall by the door - is there no space in zone 3 for the shower?

No afraid not it seems strange that i can buy a double insulated pull cord dimmable bathroom pull cord switch that i can't fit into my bathroom?
Being desperate now am i allowed to simply replace the pull cord switch that is existing with the new one, (had the door rehung so it would now be behind that not ideal)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back