Bathroom pull light making buzz noises and not working

Sponsored Links
Wohoo, I replaced it with a new switch and the light works now! Thank you all for your help. Not going to lie, I did felt a sense of accomplishment.

I have two quick questions though as I feel I may have done bit of a botch job...

1666028758979.png

1) Look at this poorly drawn picture.

A = what the ceiling looks like. The north and south holes are where the already existing screw holes were. The hole with the orange lines is where the electrical wires was coming from.

B = what the switch base looks like. The north and south holes are where the screw holes are. The square in the middle is where the cut out is.

Unfortunately because the cut out is in the middle, I had to pull the electrical wires over and 'squash' them under the switch cover and as such I wasn't able to screw the base flush with the ceiling; there is a several mm gap for example. Should I be worried about the squashing of the electrical wires and something like moisture seeping in from the shower?

In hindsight now, maybe I can just cut out more of the plastic. Perhaps I should do this or is it not a big issue?

2) How important is it that I cover the exposed wires with the sleeving seeing I won't ever touch it again unless I cut off all electricity from the circuit breaker before I open it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back