Bathroom quote

Sponsored Links
you must be slow then if you can't change a wc,basin and bath in less than a day,I won't take off the old tiles,make good any holes or fit the bath frame/panel and no tiling,costs about £30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector = 6 hours x £50 = £300 profit,
But that is not what the OP has asked for, I am quite sure you can rip out a standard 3 piece bathroom suite and reinstall like for like within a day, without too much outlay on additional materials. But rarely is this asked for in my experience and rarely does everything go back like for like and then the customer is not so happy, when you leave them with the garden fitted with the old bathroom suite!

His first question asked how much for a bathroom suite with shower,so I replied accordingly, then they gave more details,I agree people don't ask for like for like,so I say "if you want to pay plumbers prices for tiling etc" 95% of them agree,I don't want to get involved with tiling,fit the suite,thermostatic bath taps,as they sway to you if they are saving money,cash on completion at the end of the day,dump the old suite down the council tip, I'm happy and so are they

His first question asked how much for a bathroom suite with shower,so I replied accordingly, then they gave more details
Really?
I am having my bathroom re fitted, fully tiled with a shower and bath etc, it measures about 2m x 3m, no major plumbing to alter etc, i have just received a quote of £2,250 just for the labour, is that the going rate? it seems a crazy price to me

Thanks for all the help and info guys, it has really helped me a lot....
I have a few more quotes to come, so we will have to see if they are comparable to the first...I was still living in the 1970's prices lol

Sponsored Links
As above the material cost for pipework,fittings, traps and iso valves can soon be pushing £300.00, so the suggestion that £350.00 can cover an install and be completed in a day. Is complete tosh!

you must be slow then if you can't change a wc,basin and bath in less than a day,I won't take off the old tiles,make good any holes or fit the bath frame/panel and no tiling,costs about £30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector = 6 hours x £50 = £300 profit,

what do you buy gold plated or the plumbing merchants must laugh their heads off when you leave and shut up for the day after stealing £300 from you

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/bathroom-quote.455671/page-2#ixzz43KRotAca

£30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/bathroom-quote.455671/#ixzz43KQSILC0
Should have posted a picture,have you got a combination boiler,if so you could put on thermostatic bath/shower taps costing about £80,that would save money.
I charge £350 for a standard bathroom replacement including plumbing parts,takes a day,I don't do tiling why pay plumbers rates when you can get a tiler cheaper.
I bet you do a lovely yob for that.
Do you do the footballers houses.?
I charge them double your rate and get away with it.

I change a wc,basin and bath in less than a day,I won't take off the old tiles,make good any holes or fit the bath frame/panel and no tiling,costs about £30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector = 6 hours x £50 = £300 profit,
In Birmingham they advertise at £200

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/bathroom-quote.455671/page-2#ixzz43KRotAca

As above the material cost for pipework,fittings, traps and iso valves can soon be pushing £300.00, so the suggestion that £350.00 can cover an install and be completed in a day. Is complete tosh!
That's not expensive. Id suggest that's middle of the road.

I know firms in my neck of the woods who'll charge a lot more than that AND be busy too.

Didn't think so

And the person doing it for £350, are you a qualified plumber by chance?

city&guilds advanced not nvq (not very qualified) you must be slow then if you can't change a wc,basin and bath in less than a day,I won't take off the old tiles,make good any holes or fit the bath frame/panel and no tiling,costs about £30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector = 6 hours x £50 = £300 profit,
how much do you charge then ???????????????

I too did a four year apprenticeship and am advanced qualified

I hold domestic and commercial gas qualifications as well as chartered status with the Chart institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineers.

I hold Eng Tech status as well as being a member of IGEM

Flexi's. You Spackta d.

No pride, no professionalism clearly

Enjoy your beer tokens and rent money and leave the clever stuff to the likes of us

Oh, and id charge a damn sight more than that except I don’t do bathrooms because im too faking clever

what do you buy gold plated or the plumbing merchants must laugh their heads off when you leave and shut up for the day after stealing £300 from you

Should have posted a picture,have you got a combination boiler,if so you could put on thermostatic bath/shower taps costing about £80,that would save money.
I charge £350 for a standard bathroom replacement including plumbing parts,takes a day,I don't do tiling why pay plumbers rates when you can get a tiler cheaper.

I change a wc,basin and bath in less than a day,I won't take off the old tiles,make good any holes or fit the bath frame/panel and no tiling,costs about £30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector = 6 hours x £50 = £300 profit,

I know firms in my neck of the woods who'll charge a lot more than that AND be busy too.

Didn't think so

city&guilds advanced not nvq (not very qualified) you must be slow then if you can't change a wc,basin and bath in less than a day,I won't take off the old tiles,make good any holes or fit the bath frame/panel and no tiling,costs about £30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector = 6 hours x £50 = £300 profit,

I hold domestic and commercial gas qualifications as well as chartered status with the Chart institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineers.

Flexi's. You Spackta d.

Enjoy your beer tokens and rent money and leave the clever stuff to the likes of us

Oh, and id charge a damn sight more than that except I don’t do bathrooms because im too faking clever

I don't drink,mortgage finished on 4 bed detached house and qualifications and highly inflated prices doesn't mean quality LOL just going out for a drive in my Mercedes

Your looking 3.5k plus VAT from me. That's to gut, plaster where needed, decorate, tile, fit suite etc. Including building materials and plumbing gear. Peanuts = monkeys, 350 guy sounds a treat.
Your looking 3.5k plus VAT from me. That's to gut, plaster where needed, decorate, tile, fit suite etc. Including building materials and plumbing gear. Peanuts = monkeys, 350 guy sounds a treat.

you must be slow then if you can't change a wc,basin and bath in less than a day,I won't take off the old tiles,make good any holes or fit the bath frame/panel and no tiling,costs about £30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector = 6 hours x £50 = £300 profit, you must buy yourself very big peanuts lol

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/bathroom-quote.455671/page-2#ixzz43MWiMbZG

But hes not a slap dash twart like you using flexi's

Flexi's are for DIY fukt ards and cowboys

you must be slow then if you can't change a wc,basin and bath in less than a day,I won't take off the old tiles,make good any holes or fit the bath frame/panel and no tiling,costs about £30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector = 6 hours x £50 = £300 profit, you must buy yourself very big peanuts lol

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/bathroom-quote.455671/page-2#ixzz43MWiMbZG

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: worra troll. Why you no listen? COMPLETE renovation not a make a mess suite swap leaving everything looking awful(y)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: worra troll. Why you no listen? COMPLETE renovation not a make a mess suite swap leaving everything looking awful(y)

It sound like you would leave a mess, monkeys usually do,
his first post said replace bathroom suite comprehendo!! not strip the bathroom back to a shell

I have a few more quotes to come, so we will have to see if they are comparable to the first...I was still living in the 1970's prices lol

most people here are quoting London or southern prices and haven't read exactly what you need that's why houses are £300,000 + you have done a bit yourself,taking off the tiles,knocking out the cupboard,in Birmingham(as far north as I know) you would expect to pay £150 - £200 for bathroom replacement only,£100 to fit shower if the tray is already there,you can see having removed the tiles if it needs plastering,get a separate quote for the tiling , carpentry and electrics,this way you won't being paying for them to jet off into the sun for a fortnight at your expense.

most people here are quoting London or southern prices and haven't read exactly what you need that's why houses are £300,000 + you have done a bit yourself,taking off the tiles,knocking out the cupboard,in Birmingham(as far north as I know) you would expect to pay £150 - £200 for bathroom replacement only,£100 to fit shower if the tray is already there,you can see having removed the tiles if it needs plastering,get a separate quote for the tiling , carpentry and electrics,this way you won't being paying for them to jet off into the sun for a fortnight at your expense.

You're what's wrong with the trade. Go get a job and be done pal. (y)

how much do you charge then ???????????????[/QUOTE]

C&G certificate, what do we reckon..... 2year full time college based course or a 6 week CC??? Neither one inspires much hope of the poster being an actual professional tradesman.... No wonder he can't make good holes, what a tool..

Didn't think so

Flexi's. You Spackta d.

I enjoy fitting bathrooms myself :p this guy doesn't hold advanced craft as you know it. I think he has a level 3 tech cert...... Which means no nvq, no apprenticeship....

Sponsored Links
Back