Bathroom quote

Your looking 3.5k plus VAT from me. That's to gut, plaster where needed, decorate, tile, fit suite etc. Including building materials and plumbing gear. Peanuts = monkeys, 350 guy sounds a treat.

Sponsored Links
Your looking 3.5k plus VAT from me. That's to gut, plaster where needed, decorate, tile, fit suite etc. Including building materials and plumbing gear. Peanuts = monkeys, 350 guy sounds a treat.
Not being funny....but i would never pay that sort of money

This include a mixed skip for all waste.

Thats fine, I don't have time to waste. It is unfortunate I have to charge VAT at the moment, but thats the trappings of being good at my job and busy.

Sponsored Links
Not being funny....but i would never pay that sort of money

Make sure, the walls can support the weight of the tiles, withstand the moisture levels etc. Make sure the floor is suitable for tiling, it should be waterproof. Make certain that the plumbing is spot on or the ceiling below will have to come down in the futre, make sure that a year on when all's settled and there are niggles to tend to the fitter will return free of charge to address them.

Thats fine, I don't have time to waste. It is unfortunate I have to charge VAT at the moment, but thats the trappings of being good at my job and busy.
people must have too much money down your way

Pretty similar to north England down here in south wales I think?

You've got a fair price there pal, just giving my 2 pence. Just make sure you know what they're doing for that.

£350 your having a laugh mate,

you must be slow then if you can't change a wc,basin and bath in less than a day,I won't take off the old tiles,make good any holes or fit the bath frame/panel and no tiling,costs about £30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector = 6 hours x £50 = £300 profit,
how much do you charge then ???????????????

£350 your having a laugh mate,

you must be slow then if you can't change a wc,basin and bath in less than a day,I won't take off the old tiles,make good any holes or fit the bath frame/panel and no tiling,costs about £30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector = 6 hours x £50 = £300 profit,

:LOL::LOL:

As above the material cost for pipework,fittings, traps and iso valves can soon be pushing £300.00, so the suggestion that £350.00 can cover an install and be completed in a day. Is complete tosh!

what do you buy gold plated or the plumbing merchants must laugh their heads off when you leave and shut up for the day after stealing £300 from you

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/bathroom-quote.455671/page-2#ixzz43KRotAca

£30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/bathroom-quote.455671/#ixzz43KQSILC0
Should have posted a picture,have you got a combination boiler,if so you could put on thermostatic bath/shower taps costing about £80,that would save money.
I charge £350 for a standard bathroom replacement including plumbing parts,takes a day,I don't do tiling why pay plumbers rates when you can get a tiler cheaper.
I bet you do a lovely yob for that.
Do you do the footballers houses.?
I charge them double your rate and get away with it.

I change a wc,basin and bath in less than a day,I won't take off the old tiles,make good any holes or fit the bath frame/panel and no tiling,costs about £30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector = 6 hours x £50 = £300 profit,
In Birmingham they advertise at £200

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/bathroom-quote.455671/page-2#ixzz43KRotAca

As above the material cost for pipework,fittings, traps and iso valves can soon be pushing £300.00, so the suggestion that £350.00 can cover an install and be completed in a day. Is complete tosh!
That's not expensive. Id suggest that's middle of the road.

I know firms in my neck of the woods who'll charge a lot more than that AND be busy too.

Didn't think so

And the person doing it for £350, are you a qualified plumber by chance?

city&guilds advanced not nvq (not very qualified) you must be slow then if you can't change a wc,basin and bath in less than a day,I won't take off the old tiles,make good any holes or fit the bath frame/panel and no tiling,costs about £30 to £50 for 5x flexis and 2x waste flexis if needed and a pan connector = 6 hours x £50 = £300 profit,

I have just had a quick tally up:
There will be variables on this as the wall/floor type and condition are factors, as will be the design and any alteration in the bathroom suite, pipework and electrical points:
List of work required:
*Skip for waste
*Remove existing suite and leave with a temporary usable WC.
*Shut off radiator valves and drain down radiator and remove (this could often flag up other issues regarding system flush and clean/protection) and if new rad/towel warmer to be installed then alteration of pipework would require some form of drain down.
*Removal of existing tiles and tile residue/adhesive
*Chase out walls for the required supply/services for shower (this could be pipework only or pipework and electrical cable, if electrics are to be installed this would require certificates and notification to your local council and a fee is required for that)
*Install the above cable/pipework
*Make good/repair walls (this would depend on the type of wall/condition and damage that may have been caused whilst tiles are removed and services chased for, dry-walls (plasterboards) suffer the greatest)
*Plan and route/alter the pipework/electrics (hot/cold/waste to suite the new suite and service valve locations.
*Lay/bed and seal shower tray with attached trap and connected waste
*Build up and install other suite appliances (this may include flat pack vanity) connecting to pipework
*Check for leaks on pipework and electrically dead test any cable prior to tile tiling
*Tile wall and floors using appropriate primers/sealants/adhesives and substrate to floor
*Grout tiles and polish up
*Connect shower valve/unit and riser rail
*Install radiator/towel warmer
*Install bath screen (if required) and shower enclosure
*Seal bath/shower/tiles
*Check functional operation and handover
*Then there are the add ons, such as mirrors, roll holders, towel rails, shelving, mirror light, ceiling lights, shaver points etc...
*Standard Materials supplied: pipework, traps, service valves, pipe fittings, waste pipe and fittings, plaster, tile adhesive, primer, sealants, grout, floor substrate. If part of the installation requires electrics, then electircal cable, cable backboxes etc..

These are all thing to be considered and for a quality job/service you are not going to get much change from £2500.00 my friend!

But that is not what the OP has asked for, I am quite sure you can rip out a standard 3 piece bathroom suite and reinstall like for like within a day, without too much outlay on additional materials. But rarely is this asked for in my experience and rarely does everything go back like for like and then the customer is not so happy, when you leave them with the garden fitted with the old bathroom suite!

Gents....

good tradespeople are wasting their valuable time commenting on threads like this.....you've far better things to be doing.....'shaving using a blunt circular saw' being one.

leave these bottom feeders to it.

I have just had a quick tally up:
There will be variables on this as the wall/floor type and condition are factors, as will be the design and any alteration in the bathroom suite, pipework and electrical points:
List of work required:
*Skip for waste
*Remove existing suite and leave with a temporary usable WC.
*Shut off radiator valves and drain down radiator and remove (this could often flag up other issues regarding system flush and clean/protection) and if new rad/towel warmer to be installed then alteration of pipework would require some form of drain down.
*Removal of existing tiles and tile residue/adhesive
*Chase out walls for the required supply/services for shower (this could be pipework only or pipework and electrical cable, if electrics are to be installed this would require certificates and notification to your local council and a fee is required for that)
*Install the above cable/pipework
*Make good/repair walls (this would depend on the type of wall/condition and damage that may have been caused whilst tiles are removed and services chased for, dry-walls (plasterboards) suffer the greatest)
*Plan and route/alter the pipework/electrics (hot/cold/waste to suite the new suite and service valve locations.
*Lay/bed and seal shower tray with attached trap and connected waste
*Build up and install other suite appliances (this may include flat pack vanity) connecting to pipework
*Check for leaks on pipework and electrically dead test any cable prior to tile tiling
*Tile wall and floors using appropriate primers/sealants/adhesives and substrate to floor
*Grout tiles and polish up
*Connect shower valve/unit and riser rail
*Install radiator/towel warmer
*Install bath screen (if required) and shower enclosure
*Seal bath/shower/tiles
*Check functional operation and handover
*Then there are the add ons, such as mirrors, roll holders, towel rails, shelving, mirror light, ceiling lights, shaver points etc...
*Standard Materials supplied: pipework, traps, service valves, pipe fittings, waste pipe and fittings, plaster, tile adhesive, primer, sealants, grout, floor substrate. If part of the installation requires electrics, then electircal cable, cable backboxes etc..

These are all thing to be considered and for a quality job/service you are not going to get much change from £2500.00 my friend!

Plus, we need to make sure the business running costs are covered, including for instance competent person scheme registrations, pli insurance costs etc.....

Gents....

good tradespeople are wasting their valuable time commenting on threads like this.....you've far better things to be doing.....'shaving using a blunt circular saw' being one.

leave these bottom feeders to it.
Your comments are appreciated and understood. But at least the OP now has a little more knowledge on what to look out for and what/who to avoid when contracting someone for the work.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back