Bathroom Refit

It's well known with most builders including me, if I'm not sure then I buy more difference type of adapters to experiment what is best for the job then just refund the leftover materials back to the shop, I know Screwfix will do this

Sponsored Links
If you're going to use board to build a cubicle then go for "Aqua Panel" and tile straight onto the board.

Cheers.

Well, it's not quite that simple. I have built a new wall to replace an old doorway so one side of the 900 quadrant cubicle is new but the other is existing paramount.

I've decided to buy this stuff: http://www.screwfix.com/p/mapei-shower-waterproofing-kit-5kg/78484 to waterproof the interior. It comes well recommended, both the brand and the product.

I've always worried anyway about how to make aqua board water tight once you screw throught it and what do you do where the board meets the tray? At least with this kit you get to deal with those issues.

What's your opinion?

I've ditched the HP tap gear and gone with 0.1 bar stuff, Grohe. Expensive, but good. I couldn't afford the Grohe shower valve, though, so opted for the Triton Tesla: http://www.screwfix.com/p/triton-tesla-thermostatic-mixer-shower-flexible-exposed-chrome/36111

The other thing niggling with this bathroom refit is trying to keep Mrs Secure happy with her desire for two basins! We have two round 425 recessed basins (with 365 cutouts). They need a cabinet....

The basic dimensions of the room are 2,525 along the external wall (opposite the door) and 2,21 the other way.

We have come to the conclusion a kitchen unit is too big in both dimensions: height 905mm, depth 600mm.

I reckon 800mm and 500mm (or thereabouts) would be more like it). In actual fact if I took the service void off the back, that's usually 50mm, so making it 530mm, instead of 570mm. The height of the WC cistern is 790mm so I could match it to that but if it were ever replaced it may not match.

But the most crucial dimension is the length. As you can visualise, along that external wall opposite the door, there's a bath 800 wide on the LHS, then a sink unit ahead of you possibly 1000mm, then WC with space around, 725mm.

From the door to the external wall is 2,21m. So if the sink unit was 600 deep, that's a fair intrusion into the room.

I know you might not have two basins, but given I've got them and have to fit them in, what's the best way of doing it in terms of proportions regarding the cabinet the basins are being mounted in?

Sponsored Links
Back