Bathroom Refit

Thanks SC. I really appreciate your help here!

I'd like to use 110milli. But how can you join that to that cast socket without risk of leakage?

There is a personhole cover in the garage, so if any crud does fall down, I can catch it there. :eek:

Unfortunately, your PS went whoosh over my head as I am not a plumber!

Could you kindly explain?

For any Building Regs Gestapo out there, as I have explained, I am not a plumber so will not be doing this myself. But I need to know what I'm talking about, especially if I want something that is over-engineered. And if the plumber says No, Guv, you gotta have all your cast ripped out, I can disagree with him confidently!

That external pipework in the piccy is going if that makes any difference.

BTW, how much is that piece of 1.25" copper waste worth? ;)

Do you mean something like this?

http://www.flexseal.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, your PS went whoosh over my head --

No problem. :) :) :) The elbows are those three bits where the 40mm pipes emerge from the wall and turn downwards. (Sorry if that's too obvious.) If they're push fit rather than solvent weld, you can replace them with swept tees:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-pushfit-tee-black-40mm/36412

As you look at the picture, the pipe coming out of the wall goes into the left-hand end and the short vertical pipe goes into the side branch on the lower right. The third opening (upper right) now gives you access straight into your internal pipework - which can be really useful if you have to shift an awkward blockage. Sadly S***wf*x don't appear to have access plugs but they're like very short pipes with screw-in end caps.

and also said:
I'd like to use 110milli. But how can you join that to that cast socket without risk of leakage?

They don't appear to have a coupler for that either but there must be a way. Maybe one of the real plumbers on here will know the answer.

Edit: The only thing I can see in your link is for joining two pipe ends together.

universal-adaptor-joins-pvc-pipe-to-cast-iron-or-clay_cms_site_products_images_691-1-2977_235_175_True.jpg

You can get the caulk cord and cast iron sealant however any good plumbers merchants will advise you the best way to go

Clicky > Universal Adaptor Joins PVC Pipe to Cast Iron Or Clay
There is a personhole cover in the garage, so if any crud does fall down, I can catch it there. :eek:
Put the drain testing plug where the drain inspection is, if you have shared drain then pre-warn your neighbours!
pressed-steel-drain-plug-4-65001230-942-p.jpg

Thanks guys!

mason -

I have emailed the folk selling the adaptor to find out what the diameter of the other end is.

Our drain is shared with the neighbours but I can block ours off before theirs tees in.

SC -

Been thinking about the swept tees now. Looking at the angle of that cast pipe in the wall, it will inevitably place the pipe higher up the wall. Will it still be possible to boss in a 40mm waste in the same place as the existing most RH one? :confused:

If not I may have to settle for a lesser diameter. Did someone say there was a 75mm pipe?

Sponsored Links
I get most of my plastics from here, http://www.masterplastics.co.uk/drainage.htm , seems to be getting a bit complicated using adapters etc, ok call me a cowboy yeahaa! bodgeit & scarper got nowt on me. :cool:

Is the branch we can see plastic or cast?

Is it cast going up through the flat roof?

Is there a branch above the flat roof? If not it is just the vent so if the branch is cast can you replace it with plastic remembering it does not need to be 100% water proof if it's not carrying anything and is merely a vent, the waste from the loo obviously needs to be 100% watertight, the otherthing to be aware of is different manufacturers use slightly different sizes so you cant mix & match :evil:

Excuse my ignorence here please, can the EDPM rubber roof be patched up like fibreglass? if you make a new hole or were to rip the pipe out with fibreglass it is simples enough to repair, is the rubber similar?

personhole....PERSONHOLE....You tw*t.

So kind of you to judge so harshly.

I was actually trying to be funny.

Think next time before you leap in with insults.

Another for my ignore list... :rolleyes:

Is the branch we can see plastic or cast?

Is it cast going up through the flat roof?

Is there a branch above the flat roof? If not it is just the vent so if the branch is cast can you replace it with plastic remembering it does not need to be 100% water proof if it's not carrying anything and is merely a vent, the waste from the loo obviously needs to be 100% watertight, the otherthing to be aware of is different manufacturers use slightly different sizes so you cant mix & match :evil:

The branch is cast. There is another branch above it, for the WC. Then it vents out through the flat roof.

From ground level it is plastic, then at ceiling level in the garage it changes to cast. It is cast going up through the flat roof.

I know about different manufacturers. :evil: I had a plumber look at it and he walked away. Rather quickly. ;)

The roof could be patched, I guess, if the worst comes to the worst. The plastic soil pipe is bigger than the existing, so maybe this will help.

So my advice would be to replace in plastic, is a lot easier to work with and patch the roof up afterwards, also look for a name on the existing plastic, it was probably sourced from B&Q or somewhere local.

Most decent human beings would apologise having made a mistake and judged someone harshly. Oh well.

Whatever tosh you've written, you've completely wasted your time, because I can't see it anymore!
:LOL:

Have you really got nothing better to do?

I know I have - I'm logging off now! Sleep well! ;)

Thanks, pred.

I really don't want to mess with the roof but if I have to..... :cry:

I'll talk to the plumber and see what he says. Assuming of course that I don't find him running off like the last one! The previous plumber got the push because he said it was OK as it was.

Yeah, right!

EDIT:

Hang on, I'll have to replace the en-suite stuff as well :)shock:), if I can't find a brand name. Picture to follow later.

Looking at the angle of that cast pipe in the wall, it will inevitably place the pipe higher up the wall.

Something like this:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/adjustable-bend-black-sp560/77224

will solve your angle problem. Also, if those 40mm elbows are push fit, you can turn the right-hand one and connect into the end of the bigger pipe. :cool: :cool: :cool:

PS: I had a quiet chuckle at your use of the word "personhole". There was a big thing about it more years back than I care to remember and we were also encouraged to say "chairperson" and "spokesperson". Those appear to have caught on but "personhole" never did. P-hole anybody? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Glad you liked the "personhole"!

I guess you would use that adjustable piece in conjunction with the adaptor:

Come our of the cast pipe with the adaptor, out of the adaptor with a short piece of soil, into the adjustable bend, then continue out with soil pipe?

Sorry to be blond again. Some sparks are good plumbers. I'm not one of them!! :cry:

Cheers! Maybe I could be a plumber after all....! ;)

Promised to post piccys of more soil pipery in garage....

This is a pipe that connects the en-suite toilet to the garage stack.
GarageSoilPipeI.jpg

This is the stack in the corner of the garage, which changes to cast above the ceiling.
GarageSoilPipeII.jpg

If I do end up changing the stack and cannot find a brand name on this stuff, the whole lot will need replacing... :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back