bathroom spot lights/halogen - where to place them

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm slowly getting to an end with my bathroom renovation project. One of the things left is - lights.

My bathroom is really small (around 1.8 x 1.8m) so I'm thinking of getting three halogen bulbs/lights similar to this:
http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/lighti...k-Transformer-For-Halogen-Bulbs-105V-10867795

Any comments?

My question is - where should i place them??

I was thinking of putting one of them just above the shower (50 x 150)
second one above basin (100x50)
and third one somewhere in the middle (175x125)

However, will the one above basin not disturb? I do not want to have some strange shadows so I cannot see my ugly face ;)

Sponsored Links
Placing more lights in the bathroom is notifiable to building control prior to starting the work. Also you will need to comply with part P of the building regs. You'll also have to consider the zones in the bathroom with regards to what you can fit where! You will also have to carry out all the required test's and inspections and fill in the required paper work. It is not just a case of where do you place the lights, it's a case of do you know enough to competently carry out this work to the required standard.

Try posting this in the electrical forum for more guidance!

Not sure on your last set of coordinates. However, I like your proposal.

Most people would go for four fittings at right angles to each other. Simple but effective. Are you aware of the defined zones within a bathroom/shower room location? This may impact on your choice of fittings. More likely over the bath.

Personally I would purchase a better quality light. eg. JCC, Aurora etc.

You should consider a centre light(non recessed spot) and maybe one additional recessed spot above the shower.

Sponsored Links
vibrobullit407, you did not get my point. Sorry. I really wanted to know what types of light should I go for and where to place them rather then anything else.

RMS, thanks for this. I think for simplicity reasons I will simply get 3 lights for zone 1 so I can install them in any of the zones 1-3..

Why would you go for a better quality lights, what difference does it make?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back