Bathroom Tiling Advice

Many thanks

Any advice for putting up Mosiacs mesh tiles 30x30? I assume I need a smaller notched trowel than 10mm

Really appreciate all your help and advice.

Sponsored Links
Same trowel will do.
Bear in mind that those mosaic tiles tend to sink easily, so go easy pushing them in.
I usually rest them against the adhesive and then push them in with a spirit level.

Same trowel will do.
Bear in mind that those mosaic tiles tend to sink easily, so go easy pushing them in.
I usually rest them against the adhesive and then push them in with a spirit level.
Doesn’t the adhesive just push through of the mesh or is it a case, like you say to go easy with them to avoid this.

Cheers everyone.

Some of the adhesive might leak through, but if the mix is correct, it shouldn't.
Get a scale and weight water and adhesive powder as per manufacturer's instructions.
I prefer to rely on a scale rather than my eyes and I get a consistent mix every time.
Little tip: unless you're a fast tiler, get the slow curing adhesive (3hours with 60/90 minutes pot time) and a clean tub with lid to keep the adhesive in between tiles.
Empty 15 litre paint pots are perfect.

Sponsored Links
Start by repairing the ceiling.
Having it skimmed, will put plastic sheeting over to cover the tiles while its done. Any views on the Mosiac tile backer? Or where you whould start the first tile ont he wall pictured?
Thanks

I was not sure if I should start a new thread or just piggy back on this one.

I am about to replace the floor tiles in our bathroom. We have a couple of loose tile as well as broken ones. I Lifted one up and noticed that they had used cement based adhesive on top of the floorboard.

Do I need to unscrew & cutt off the existing plasterboard for replacement or just try to lift the tiles and adhesive off?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back