BathSeal by Byretech

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have come across a product called Bathseal to seal the gap between bath and tiled wall. I have just fitted a new bath, put in the sealant, and after two months, it has started to leak behind the tiles. Aargh... I had the same problem with my old bath. PS: I filled the bath to the TOP before applying the sealant AND made sure it was very clean to get good adhesion.

Has anyone tried it out ? Should I spend my money on it ?

Sponsored Links
you contradict yourself, you ask should i spend money on it, (implying you havent got it yet) but you also said after two months it has started to leak(implying you have it)

what are you really asking? and waht is wrong with silicone sealant anyway?

I have just fitted a new bathroom. I have built a very strong four sided solid frame for the bath. The bath sits underneath the existing tiles and I have then filled all gaps with Dow Cording sanitary silicon. When I tiled over the existing tiles they actually sit onto the bath, and again all gaps etc. filled with Dow Cording. The bath doesn't move, even when showering, and so far I don't have any leaks. When I looked at how to seal the bath, I reckoned this was the best way, rather than using one of the fancy plastic edge seals....
I guess different situations call for different solutions, but I am right in saying if you seal with a good quality silicon you can't really go wrong?

Sponsored Links
Natasha said:
Hello, I have come across a product called Bathseal to seal the gap between bath and tiled wall. I have just fitted a new bath, put in the sealant, and after two months, it has started to leak behind the tiles. Aargh... I had the same problem with my old bath. PS: I filled the bath to the TOP before applying the sealant AND made sure it was very clean to get good adhesion.

Has anyone tried it out ? Should I spend my money on it ?

From what I've seen (never used it) it is an award winning product. Your previous failure may have been due to the quality of the sealant you were using. The good stuff really stinks ! Oh, and fill the bath with cold water as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back