Baumatic oven wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a new Baumatic single electric oven and gas hob.

Above the worktop is a cooker switch with a single socket, which i am assuming is either 32Amp or 45Amp. The cooker switch is then connected to a double socket outlet behind the oven.

I have connected the hob ignitor to a 3Amp plug and put into one of the sockets. The oven is rated at 2.35KW and it states in the manual to connect it to a "13Amp double pole switched fused spur outlet".

My question is whether it is safe to connect the oven to a 13amp plug and connect it to the second socket? Or do i need to get an electrician to come and install a 13amp fused spur outlet?

If a fused spur outlet is needed, how easy would it be for the electrician to convert the double socket to a single socket and a fused outlet? Its just that i am about to tile above the worktop and i need to know if the cooker cable going down to the sockets is sufficient for both socket and fused outlet or if a seperate cooker cable needs to be run down for the fused outlet.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
put a plug on it and plug it into the other socket. you are lucky, they have made it easy to connect this arrangement :LOL:

make sure the cooker switch does actually isolate this socket. The cooker switch provides the double pole isolation the instructions call for, and the plug is fused at 13A. Everyone's happy.:cool:

Thank you very much for your reply. I have checked and the cooker switch isolates the double sockets. Though putting it the oven on a 13amp plug seemed alright to me, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt breaching any regulations by not wiring it to a fused spur outlet as stated in the manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back