Baumatic over trips fusebox when turned off...sometimes!

im not the one with a faulty cooker kev i just fix em . :D

Sponsored Links
Sorry to sound daft, but does the knob come with all the required wires/sensors etc? What I mean is, is that if the fault is with the wiring will replacing the knob itself sort it out or does the wiring/sensor inside need replacing?
Hope that made sense!

you need the switch pack 40 odd quid on that website about 6 wires on it they are relays on them ,just swap wire for wire the contacts burn out.

So for £43 for switch pack, plus £15 for knob, plus my time.... and also the risk of this actually NOT being the problem... I might as well get baumatic out :cry:

Sponsored Links
Funnily enough I've only just had it fixed. The engineer thought it could be the element or thermostat. Ended up changing the thermostat which fixed it.

I contacted baumatic and paid £114 which includes 1yr warranty and all callouts and parts. Considering the replacement thermostat is over £90 I thought it was worth it.

i was just wondering if replacing the thermostat fixed the issue or did it come back? i have a customer with the same issue and i cannot find any answers anywhere else.

Hi.
They ended up changing the thermostat to no avail. They came out again and changed the thermostat (again) and the element. This fixed the problem, so I don't know which one it actually was.
Good luck!

GIVES think i will try the element first. Maybe it is an early warning sign. In the past i have had the RCD Just trip straight away

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back