Baumatic over trips fusebox when turned off...sometimes!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I've had an intermittent problem for a while now. I've got a baumatic range and the problem is with the main oven (not the other smaller one). Sometimes, and only sometimes, when I turn off the oven, it causes the main fusebox to trip. Resetting the fusebox is not a problem. It's a real pain though as I'm now avoiding using the main oven.
Any tips and advice appreciated.
Thanks
Padzster

PS. I know, I know, I shouldn't have bought a cheap oven!

Just checked the model number, it's BT2760SS

Sponsored Links
Baumatic will charge me £88 plus parts to get this fixed.
Surely I can sort this out myself.... could anyone help please?

i don't think it is neccessarily the oven, could be the breaker to sensititve

Sponsored Links
THank you for the reply.

Why does it only happen when I turn the oven off? Fusebox doesn't trip at any other time? It's always the main oven only.

looks to me like the reg on cooker main oven faulty .if thats when it does it

regulator, the knob that turns cooker on /off poss dodgy contacts on the switch

That's interesting... the Baumatic customer services lady told me it could be that, but I thought she was just fobbing me off. If that is the case then can it explain why the tripping only happens sometimes?

Before I start searching Google, do you have any idea where I can get a replacement from and roughly how much please?

probably the selector switch has a burn on it and so sparks slightly when rotated
just pay the money and get it fixed by Baumatic as they appear to be cheap for the repair
we would charge you £57 for the call plus the part cost

Thanks rocks1. Is this simple to replace?

kevindgas: Baumatic are charging £88 plus parts so you're actually cheaper!

simple yes 2 screws and about 4 wires .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back