Baxi 100he combi

ChrisR said:
Yes I know. If you'd read wot I rote.... mine reads to 0.01mbar , ( up to 19.99mbar, then 0.1mbar up from there.) Get yourself a decent one!

I might read that but it still wont be accurate enough to set the gas valve up our D and D department have looked into getting the field engineers one that would do the job and they were looking at over £1000 and for 200 engineers it was cheaper to say just change the gas valve :rolleyes:

Has to be able to read pascals not mbars ;)

Sponsored Links
wot im trying to say is his digital manometer might be able to go low enough but it wont be accurate enough unless its a very expensive one i.e over £1000 :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I think that Potty is being a little head in the sand about setting up/checking the gas valve setting.

The combination of a common digi manometer reading to 0.01 AND a flue gas analyser should enable a pretty adequate check on the operating parameters.

Whilst the Potty R & D may like an accurate manometer ( which fools their engineers because it reads in Pascals ! ), I expect the sales side which makes the profits will not be advertising that the boilers need one costing £1000 to check them !!!

Folks, please keep this a little quiet as I am sure that is not official Potty policy.

Tony

PS I did not even know that Potty had an R & D . Is it too late to let them come to Interbuild? I get so fed up with non-technical sales people!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back