Baxi 100he combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heres one to chew on,boiler fires up and makes a growning and vibrating dying person sound.Gas supply is o.k flue is o.k fan speed is o.kAny ideas ??? :( :( :(

Sponsored Links
1. co is out
2. burner damaged
3. Fan venturi pipe not fitted correctly
4. Give up. (hurry up footballs on in a minute)

I hate football.I will fit a new g.v tomorrow and let you know the result...

Sponsored Links
Not pump, air supply,gas / air mix poss, as burner lights noise occurs burner dyes..Thanks for ideas anymore ???

i go with either burner which you will be able to see if it has hole in it or more than likely will be gas valve :confused:
you cant adjust gas valve as digital manometer isnt accurate enough to go down low enough so you will have to change it :rolleyes:

Thanks Gazpot i did chage the burner as is was one of the not so good "white plaque" ones.I think the confirmation of the g.v sounds about right.One other strage thing with this one is that it shows fan fault indication but it still fires ! :confused:

On closer inspection fan had failed the fact the burner was still lighting threw me.You would think if the fan did not spin the gas would not pass to the burner as a sort of safety thing.Fan failed due to loose connection on pcb.Thanks for input.
Such is life

Perhaps the gas valve is faulty - the zero governor shouldn't pass gas unless the fan runs.

Mano reading not LOW enough = not enough resolution. Premix setups need 0.1 mB resolution at close-to-zero pressure.

Yes I know. If you'd read wot I rote.... mine reads to 0.01mbar , ( up to 19.99mbar, then 0.1mbar up from there.) Get yourself a decent one!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back