Baxi 105 e - Hot water is also warming radiators

Sponsored Links
Cough cough, it's me again :)
Ok I get it now - well almost.
So watching the video helped (apologies, I did initially rush into it a bit).
I see how it all fits together now and I'll be getting back in there as soon a possible.
The only slight confusion is over that bypass pipe at the back and the non return valve servicing.
Can you really get to this without taking the whole conversion valve out and on the bench?
How does the bypass pipe fit into the main body? looks like it's just held in place by the sprint clip?

Thanks for bearing with me :D
Andy

In heating mode only it allows a minimum flowrate through the heat exchanger regardless of the TRVs shutting down radiators or using turning them all off.

You don't normally need to remove the complete diverter...just the front gland section and the spindles/discs behind it.
The diverter section right at the back can be left in place and doesn't tend to be a problem.

Sponsored Links
Thank you Gasguru
I think I'm there now :)
Should be able to do this tomorrow.

Sincere thanks for your help.

Hi all...
Just wanted to update on the repair.
It all went well and the radiators are no longer heating up when the hot water is used :)
There was a scary moment when I refilled the boiler and heard several loud bangs. I was expecting water to spurt out everywhere, but no, all is well.
A big thank you for everyone's help and patience.
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back