Baxi 105e boiler please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I hope somebody can be of help.

My Baxi boiler keeps blowing the 2 amp fuse.
We went away for a couple of days and turned the heating to zero on the thermostat.

I’ve come home and noticed a leak at the foot of one of the radiators and no heating.
I’ve checked and the pressure had dropped and both the spur fuse had blown and the 2 amp in the board had blown.
Changed the spur and it’s fine and then changed the 2 amp fuse. The lights come on but as soon as the thermostat starts getting signal and it wants to fire up it blows.

Is there any advice or tips what it could be. It’s Sunday and I can’t get hold of anybody and it’s perfect timing with the freezing weather
I’ve got 2 fuses left to try and hoping it’s something trivial that needs fixing.

Would appreciate any help.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like there is a short circuit within the boiler if its internal fuse is blowing.
Is the electric circuit that the boiler is connected to protected by an RCD ?
What amperage of fuse was blown in the Fused spur ?

Reactions: CBW
Hi thankyou for your reply.
Yes there’s an rcd but that didn’t trip. It was the 3 amp at the spur next to the boiler and that’s fine since changing it.
It’s the 2amp one that’s in the boiler board that keeps popping.
Any idea?

Short / failed component on the board. Any signs of overheating/ black marks etc on the board ?
I doubt there is anything you can do yourself to sort out the problem and need an engineer visit.

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
No I can’t see any black marks or anything.
Ok will have to try and get someone over.
Thankyou

Maybe disconnect the thermostat and put the link back in? Try disconnecting the pump at the board? Also, check for a leak near the heating microswitch on the diverter valve

Last edited:
Short inside a boiler can be a leak dripping onto an electrical part. Sometimes the water evaporates when the boiler is hot so they show up when cold.

In some cases there are electrical parts outside the boiler, e.g. cylinder stat, three port valve, pump.

If you have a fault inside the boiler and keep replacing the fuse it may burn out something on the circuit board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back