BAXI 105e - leak from Pressure Differential Assembly??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
As always seems to be the case, I discovered a leak from the central nut of the Pressure Differential Assembly at 5 O'clock on Friday evening of a Bank Holiday Weekend!!

Having googled extensively, it seems that the entire Hydraulic Outlet assembly is usually sold as one item, albeit in two pieces.

My question is this. Is the leak symptomatic of a failure of the entire unit or should I just replace the Pressure Differential Assembly?

Thanks in anticipation
matspart3

Sponsored Links
You just need to buy a diaphragm kit for this and you will get a new seal 'o' ring that goes around the pin that ops out when the taps are turned on. Easy to remove front of diaphragm housing on these and replace. Isolate ch valves under boiler and cold inlet, drain boiler via built in drain point, NOT prv and replace. ;)

If its the usual gland at the front left which operates the switch its a common part to leak slightly but usually just enough to make a few drips.

The gland itself can easily be changed and will cost about £10 to supply.

Its relatively easy to fit but we charge a fixed price diagnostic fee which includes a service but this is one of the easier jobs for us. We normally carry the part as its such a common problem.

Tony

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
You just need to buy a diaphragm kit for this and you will get a new seal 'o' ring that goes around the pin that ops out when the taps are turned on.
:rolleyes:

As I remember this is a ready formed gland that has no replaceable "O" ring.

Tony

The last kit I fitted about 3 weeks ago had the v small seal in it as well. Turned out the diaphragm had perished as well but for some reason the hot water had not yet failed.

I find it less time and a lot less fiddly if you just replace it

two little nuts and a retaining clip

job done

You get the pretty bits. The green ones are pre-pressed together.
Baxi-Alpha240diaphragmkit.gif

Dave - am I more senile than I thought - I don't remember having to drain the primary water, just the tap water...? :confused:

gas4you said:
You just need to buy a diaphragm kit for this and you will get a new seal 'o' ring that goes around the pin that ops out when the taps are turned on. Easy to remove front of diaphragm housing on these and replace. Isolate ch valves under boiler and cold inlet, drain boiler via built in drain point, NOT prv and replace. ;)

no wonder you come across plenty of leaking isolation valves if your turning them off when there is no need too.......... :rolleyes:

Sorry...been at the stupid pills again!

£5.50 replacement diaphragm kit and selection of spanners in hand!!

Can you just confirm that I can remove the diaphragm housing cover with the valve in situ? There seems little point in removing the assembly unless I actually have to. I'm assuming I can replace the bits I need to from 'this' side...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back