Baxi Argenta 32 and Nest Gen3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have been trawling the internet trying to get some information on how to connect a nest to my new boiler, i live in Spain and the instructions for the boiler don't seem to be available in English... Baxi didn't either bother to reply!
as i understand it the Baxi have the usense ubit that connects via the R-BUS plug, so i tried that... doesn't seem to do anything :(
i have addad a couple of pics and would be very gratefull if their is anyone that can help me out here.
Many thanks
Colin
IMG_20191111_154717792.jpg
IMG_20191111_154711496.jpg

Sponsored Links
sorry your post is very confusing what are you actually asking ? are you trying to wire the nest up to the R-bus on your boiler ? that wont work you need to wire it to the Tout

Hi Ian, hehe... it does read a bit confusing i admit! sorry for that.
I'm trying to get my nest working, and just got a bit confused where to connect it to..
ok, so two wires from the Tout plug, where would they go into the heatlink? 2&3 i'm guessing?

Hi Ian, leading on, connected already to the Tout is an outside thermostat, i'm guessing some sort of safety device so the boiler doesn't get to cold?
if i disconnect this and attach the nest, i get a red error message saying "outside temp closed"?
Colin

Sponsored Links
That is a weather compensation sensor so connect that back the way it was, what thermostat do you currently have ? sensor

I like a challenge and now know that you have an oil condensing boiler, try connecting the R-bus terminals to the OT terminals in the nest

no underfloor, yep its a new oil fired boiler... ok, i will try that
Thanks
Colin

if you dont have any external control , where do the two wires in the R-Bus go to ?

I have tried them into 2&3 and now to the OT terminals ... With no luck :(
I do know that the RBus is the direct connection for the baxi usense smart controller, so I thought that it was probably the connection, boiler end for the nest...

I cant see it in your pics, is there a terminal X3 on the pcb ? can you send me a pic of that please

Hi, yes there is, its a 3 pin connector port... one of which has an earth symbol and the other two are blank.... not at my house at the minute, but i know thats there as i have looked at it.

That is where you need to wire the Nest into but you will have to do more probably insert a link somewhere, send me a pic when you get home and I will try and work it out for you

Hi Ian, Ok thats starting to make more sense now, ... this is a pic of the whole PCB
your help is very much appreciated :)
Colin

Attachments

• IMG_20191112_121845327.jpg
    IMG_20191112_121845327.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 224

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back