Baxi Bermuda Help

Hi kevplumb

No I could'nt smell the match.

I was at the other side of the room but I did see a small amount
of smoke near the fire that spread into the livingroom.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
That's for the boiler isn't it Kev? I thought the test for the fire would be up under the front like a normal fire?

no chris the spillage test is done in the box on the left lower side of the fire chassis

shout i will send you the pdf mate

kevplumb said:
ChrisR said:
That's for the boiler isn't it Kev? I thought the test for the fire would be up under the front like a normal fire?

no chris the spillage test is done in the box on the left lower side of the fire chassis

shout i will send you the pdf mate

Thats mainly for the normal radiant though isn't it? ( which all fail if the smoke match isn't shoved right up the hole!). Most of the bermudas are tested behind the fire where the spigot enters the boiler with both appliances full on.

Just had a stooge around partsarena.
Some are in the flue spigot, others are one or other special opening/box bit down on the left. Some of the pics are hard to make out!

You do it with the fire then the boiler then both - or something - already forgotten!

Also noted it said "most of the smoke" ! How much is MOST!?

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Just had a stooge around partsarena.
Some are in the flue spigot, others are one or other special opening/box bit down on the left. Some of the pics are hard to make out!

You do it with the fire then the boiler then both - or something - already forgotten!

Also noted it said "most of the smoke" ! How much is MOST!?

you will know if an appliance fails a spillage test because the smoke will pour back into the room, the odd plume that shoots off in a different direction is fine...it's allowed for. I always run my telegan near the appliance in the room as well as this will pick up any nasties not going up the flue.

Front is glass fronted VP3 (I assume). Spillage test (almost sure- will have to check) is carried out just inside the glass bottom left.

Have advised poster to look at the manual and reinvite service provider to carry out test.

Pluming device gives smoother flow of smoke so spillage can be seen when occuring.

As Chris said A test for clearance of the flue procucts is only posible on the left hand side ( a little door/slide top left hand corner )

Ignite the fire and run for 5 mins, get a lighted smoke match and insert it into the boiler down draught diverter.

A doors and windows should be shut, fans and interconnecting doors should be on and open.

Ventilation requirements is 10.62 in²

For the VP3 that is :cool:

Quote:
As Chris said A test for clearance of the flue procucts is only posible on the left hand side ( a little door/slide top left hand corner )
ahhh bless your little cotton socks DIA

The quote and the quoter are being misquoted!

Quoting Chris:
Some are in the flue spigot, others are one or other special opening/box bit down on the left.

Got the Gas Board engineer out today for another test.
Central Heating boiler o.k.
Fire ran for 15 minutes, all doors closed then tested by placing smoke match in a hole at top right hand of fire. Some spillage came back into
the room and was condemned.
Thanks for all your help.
Cheers.

rederech said:
Hi ChrisR

At first he told me that the flue test had failed. I asked him to show me.
He let the boiler run for ten minutes and closed the livingroom door. He then lit a smoke match and the fumes all went up the chimney. He told me that it had passed.
A few mintes later he told me he would have to try the same test with
the fire which is 5 years old. He lit a smoke match, but I could'nt
see what he was doing .After the test he told me that it had failed. He condemned the system due to this, capped it and left.

He did mention that the baxi back boiler system was not good and that I
should get a combi boiler. if the flue passed with the back boiler and fire failed spillage try putting ventilation in the wall

I like my baxi system , However ?

a flue test with a back boiler would normally be done with the burner remove and a smoke bomb place in the burner box not a smoke match,
and heated up with a blow torch if ness did he go out side and check the terminal did he check in the attic if i where you i would get it checked again and if it passes send him the bill

B.O.B DOLE said:
rederech said:
Hi ChrisR

At first he told me that the flue test had failed. I asked him to show me.
He let the boiler run for ten minutes and closed the livingroom door. He then lit a smoke match and the fumes all went up the chimney. He told me that it had passed.
A few mintes later he told me he would have to try the same test with
the fire which is 5 years old. He lit a smoke match, but I could'nt
see what he was doing .After the test he told me that it had failed. He condemned the system due to this, capped it and left.

He did mention that the baxi back boiler system was not good and that I
should get a combi boiler. if the flue passed with the back boiler and fire failed spillage try putting ventilation in the wall

I like my baxi system , However ?

a flue test with a back boiler would normally be done with the burner remove and a smoke bomb place in the burner box not a smoke match,
and heated up with a blow torch if ness did he go out side and check the terminal did he check in the attic if i where you i would get it checked again and if it passes send him the bill

I should imagine it is just a terminology error and that he is referring to a seperate spillage check for the boiler on its own and another one with the fire running.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back