Baxi Boston Heat Shield

sorry but its not something you are allowed to do yourself and site rules prohibit us from telling you what to use, the cerafelt route is the way to go but you should find a RGI who is willing to do it for you, not everyone will, as strictly speaking we are not supposed to but I have done on a few occassions, and even if you googled Cerafelt adhesive OG800 then ask your RGI if he has any before he attends

Sponsored Links
Thanks Ian. Apologies for taking so long to acknowledge your helpful reply. I plan to go down that route, but first I think I might have found a source for the original part. I'll post again when I've made any more progress. Cheers.

Thanks Ian. Apologies for taking so long to acknowledge your helpful reply. I plan to go down that route, but first I think I might have found a source for the original part. I'll post again when I've made any more progress. Cheers.
Hi Mattmart
Did you make any progress with this?

Hi Sophiejazz
No, sadly I did not. I thought I'd found the part online, but then when I phoned up the vendor it turned out they didn't have any in stock and weren't expecting any. I decided not to go down the route of trying to glue on Cerafelt because this was for an elderly relative and I didn't want the responsibility of doing a fix that I couldn't keep my eye on. So we replaced the boiler (using a local Gas Safe registered installer, at half the price of BG).

Sponsored Links
Hi Sophiejazz
No, sadly I did not. I thought I'd found the part online, but then when I phoned up the vendor it turned out they didn't have any in stock and weren't expecting any. I decided not to go down the route of trying to glue on Cerafelt because this was for an elderly relative and I didn't want the responsibility of doing a fix that I couldn't keep my eye on. So we replaced the boiler (using a local Gas Safe registered installer, at half the price of BG).
Thanks Matt. Unfortunately looks like we must do the same. I'll try local guys for quotes as suggested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back