Baxi duo tec 24 or Glowworm ultracom 24cxi???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i need help i am looking to replace my old myson apollo boiler with either one of the 2 boilers above.

can anyone recommend which one i should go for?

has anyone got any of the above and had any problem?

i am looking to get the boiler from Mr Central Heating because they are doing a good deal with rad valves and inhibitors etc. has anyone used them before?

any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Much of a muchness really, both mid range boilers, same warranty, similar Gianonni heat exchangers.

I personlly would fit the Glow Worm as I can offer a full 3 year warranty on them, whereas Baxi only give 2.

personally wouldn't fit either! would look at a Vaillant
but if you want them then i would go with the poxy batterton

Valliant are much more expensive.

you guys recommend Viessmann Vitodens?

looking to spend £600-£700 on the boiler.

Sponsored Links
For that sort of price I could supply an ATAG E22C.

THE best boiler on the market, in terms of quality and reliablity. Call them and ask for your nearest 'Select Dealer' ;)

do you understand what kind of hot water performance a 24kw combi will give you? You currently have a conventional system with cylinder I presume. Whats the reason for changing?

Valliant are much more expensive.

you guys recommend Viessmann Vitodens?

looking to spend £600-£700 on the boiler.

you get what you pay for!!!

viessmann have had a bit of bad pulicity on here do a search! although my mate fits them and hasn't had any problems yet :LOL:

do you understand what kind of hot water performance a 24kw combi will give you? You currently have a conventional system with cylinder I presume. Whats the reason for changing?

no i have just been told that i require a 24kw 80,000btu boiler.

the house is a 2 up 2 down.

the reason for the change is that currently i have a really old boiler that is costing me too much to repair each time it breaks.

no i have just been told that i require a 24kw 80,000btu boiler.

the house is a 2 up 2 down.

the reason for the change is that currently i have a really old boiler that is costing me too much to repair each time it breaks.

if you want to fill a bath in a sensible time, I would be looking at 30kw

i bought a 40kw duo tec last week for 790 plus vat.hot water is brilliant.Have a look at the 28 duo tec for the sort of money you want to pay.Or check out the main 30 eco, basically same boiler(different heat exchanger)but cheaper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back