Baxi Instant 105e - part name unknown!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help with a part name, please?

It's a part onto which the DHW microswitch fits over the diverter pin (right term?). When there's demand for hot water, the pin pushes into the switch, which in turn fires up the boiler.

The housing around this pin has snapped off and is in my hand - and I can see the screw thread (and pin) still located within the outer part of this circular unit, which has four screws that appear to attach it to the rear of the same part.

Sorry it's so long-winded but that's the (front) part that's b*ggered! What's it called, so that I can get a new one, please?

Thanks, everyone.

Richard

P.S. Is it normal that I've had to not only isolate the boiler's water supply but also the main stop cock to stop the water peeing out of this part?

P.P.S. I'd be happy to take a photo on my phone and MMS it to anyone!

Sponsored Links
You'll need the whole brass flow switch.

Thanks for the rapid reply.

So it's a DHW brass flow switch that I need?

Is this the sort of thing that I can fit or is it a Corgi job?

Cheers...

Sponsored Links
Thanks, corgigazza.

Had just checked on partsarena.com and come to the conclusion that the part there is a 248734 (valve differential DHW) - exactly the same part as you thought.

Thanks to all you helpful people.

Just need to get the part ASAP now, so I can have some water in the house!

Richard

It would be a good idea to change the two washers as well, part no. 248735.

Good idea, snorkel.

Can't see where they're for at present but assume for the two pipes that are beneath the valve differential.

Thanks, again.

Anyone any idea why I've had to switch off the water at the main stop cock?

The boiler's been moved today (not by me) and I would have thought that draining the boiler down and isolating the cold supply (as I've done) would allow me to have the stop cock open for water around the house.

Am I missing something?

Its easy to overlook that!

The instants are hardly 10% of boilers yet account for about 50% of the faults!

Nice to hear of one which does not have a failed EXV ( yet ! ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back