Baxi105e 60 error " Fault on Pump or Low pressure "

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
I'm hoping one of you can help me I'm at my wits end.

I have had an issue with my baxi105e boiler for the last 2 months in that it periodically trips with error code "60 Pump fault or low pressure". Doing a PCB reset does not clear the error, the only way to reset is to turn the boiler to the off position and press down the rear pin on the diverter valve. I have had an heating engineer out multiple times and it's costing me a fortune yet the problem still persists. So far the Pump has been changed, sytem pressure is normal 1.5 bar. The PCB has been changed, He replaced both diaphragms in the diverter and also changed both the micro switches on the diverter. He has changed the central heating and DHW thermistors. System has been cleaned, flushed and treated in case of blockage. Yet still I'm getting the "60" error the boiler can run for an hour, a day , 2 days or even a week and then just fail. When it fails the pin on the rear diverter diaphragm is in the up position, the pump is still running (pump casing feels hotter than normal)and the rear pin will not press down, it's still pressurised even though boiler is showing error 60, if I turn the selector switch to power off, I can press down the pin on rear diaphragm and boiler works again. Please can someone advise me what the issue could be, as I don't want to be wasting money on unnecessary parts and engineer costs. It's obviously tricky problem. Thanks for any feedback

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It could be the pin is not dropping after a call,so when it is next called for it shows a fault.often it’s the breather hole in the diaphragm housing or a rough part on the pin.

what you are calling the rear pin is the flow switch, under the diaphragm in that housing there is a tiny orifice, it is blocked

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Cheers guys, I guess it's something to check, but if the breather hole is blocked or Partially blocked , I don't understand why it works intermittently. I'll get it checked and get back to you .

Sponsored Links
best way to clear it as the boiler will be drained anyway , poke the little hole clear then with a towel or bowl or something below it, open the filling loop slightly till water flows through the hole and then close the filling loop, you will be surprised how much crud comes out

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Cheers Ian,

That makes sense, I'll get it done and feed back to you guys, thanks for your feedback

Hi Guys,

Engineer, stripped the flow switch, flushed out the little hole, silicon greased the pin to ensure it moved easily, also changed the AAV on the pump as it was leaking water when the grub screw was opened. Boiler running as of 12:00 today. Fingers crossed I'll get back to you for more advice if it fails again. Thanks for all your help.

your guy has been guessing all along for a simple fault and no way would you you even think of changing pcb for this

Hi gas112,

Not sure it's fixed yet, I've been here before, the little hole in the flow switch wasn't blocked, water was clear, only change made was changing the AAV valve on the pump? Are you saying the AAV valve was the problem?

Hi gas112,

Not sure it's fixed yet, I've been here before, the little hole in the flow switch wasn't blocked, water was clear, only change made was changing the AAV valve on the pump? Are you saying the AAV valve was the problem?
There is a little hole under the diaphragm as ian said and these are the most common to get partially blocked same as the pin that comes through to hit the microswitch even a mm of crap on them is enough to stop them returning there is a tiny pipe that comes into the back of the housing from the auto bypass this can get blocked but is very very rare .
AAV would not have anything to do with this fault

Thanks gas112, let's hope it's sorted, the problem was intermittent, some time boiler goes for a few days without failing, time will tell

Thanks gas112, let's hope it's sorted, the problem was intermittent, some time boiler goes for a few days without failing, time will tell
Gas has fixed more boilers then a lot of us have had hot dinners
I could say something else in favour of Gas but that would be inappropriate on the open forum

Hi guys,
Boiler has ran for 5 days, so I'm pretty sure the fault was with the small hole under the diaphragm being partially blocked. So the error 70 which was displayed, is nothing to do with a pump failure or low pressure as stated in the baxi fault finding guide. You guys are amazing thanks for your input and knowledge. Hopefully this post will help others who get a 70 error in the future.

Hi guys,
Boiler has ran for 5 days, so I'm pretty sure the fault was with the small hole under the diaphragm being partially blocked. So the error 70 which was displayed, is nothing to do with a pump failure or low pressure as stated in the baxi fault finding guide. You guys are amazing thanks for your input and knowledge. Hopefully this post will help others who get a 70 error in the future.
yes it is basically a pump fault it is indicating that the pump is already activated when it isnt so thinks there must be something up with boiler so stops the ignition sequence etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back