BBC left wing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I keep reading in here how left wing the BBC is. Personally I think it's fairly critical of both sides.

but difficult to believe it is so left wing if led like this

the cross-party committee criticised Mr Sharp's failure to mention any involvement he had in events surrounding the loan when they were considering his suitability for the job two years ago.
The report said his decisions to "become involved in the facilitation of a loan to the then-prime minister while at the same time applying for a job that was in that same person's gift" and failure to disclose this to the committee undermined confidence in the public appointments process.
The MPs concluded: "Mr Sharp should consider the impact his omissions will have on trust in him, the BBC and the public appointments process."

Sponsored Links
As the BBC is governed by its Charter to provide impartial news I am never surprised by the either the right wing or left wing moaning about balance....its duty bound to take the middle ground which in this country is actually left of centre politics...see wealth redistribution policies by all political parties...

As the BBC is governed by it Charter to provide impartial news I am never surprised by the either the right wing or left wing moaning about balance....its duty bound to take the middle ground which in this country is actually left of centre politics...see wealth redistribution policies by all political parties...
I agree that both sides moan about the balance.

I think it's a big step though to say the middle ground is centre left. It isn't, it's centre right. Blair, Starmer etc

Sponsored Links
I think it's a big step though to say the middle ground is centre left. It isn't, it's centre right. Blair, Starmer etc
No its defo centre left...the free market does not really exist except in name only...think about it...what market in the uk does not have regulation and some form of wealth redistribution either implied or actual...its reported as just right of centre but all the policies and actions are center left. Most politicians talk centre right and but delivery centre left. Rwanda being a case in point...we will deport refugees - talk right wing, knowing full well it will never happen due to the courts and the Human rights convention, result centre left.

We just pivot around that reality.... eg local control over redevelopment no overdevelopment all good centre right sound bites..here you have a nuclear powerstation, you HS2 and you 25,0000 homes, centre left delivery.

Last edited:
You are ignoring the item in the 1st post.

With so much right wing influence at the top, where its general direction comes from. Centre right is where it sits generally

It is a problem for politics in general. Public appointments. This guy arrange the loan and also makes heavy donations to the Tory parts. Members of the ERG get plum civil service jobs. Parties have a habit of knighting people of similar interests.

Poor old BBC just reports. In this case what the politicians are saying not them, They haven't said it interferes with their impartiality but obviously Labour have. The selection comittee is saying Oh we didn't know about this etc. Answer surprise surprise an enquiry. The BBC just reports. Others will too.

The more interesting factor is Boris needing the loan facility. Far more interesting really.

The beeb is not centre right ...as I said the middle has not been central politics for a long while..the centre ground has shifted to a centre left dominated viewpoint, why else are the tories riven with problems...Centre left is the dominant force in UK politics and the beeb reflects that.

The beeb is not centre right ...as I said the middle has not been central politics for a long while..the centre ground has shifted to a centre left dominated viewpoint, why else are the tories riven with problems...Centre left is the dominant force in UK politics and the beeb reflects that.
A right wing view, not an overview.

Most of the Tory problems are self inflicted, a right wing problem

If the BBC isn't biased & under the very same thumb that the rest of your meedya is . . . . . Then why isn't Tommy Robinson's voice being heard???

Sponsored Links
Back