BBC left wing

Probably because it is trying to report news and not race baiting
I've learn't an awful lot about Tommy over the past few months.

Is Tommy a race baiter? Is that how you perceive him & how did you form that opinion?

Tommy is many things & the mortgage fraud aspect of his life is particularly difficult to accept. But he isn't a race baiter & if you took the time to listen to him you'd probably come to the same conclusion. But you won't will you, you will continue to have us all brainwashed by the narrative & refuse to accept that the religion of Islam is being corrupted & for reasons unknown our authorities are turning a blind eye.

Sponsored Links

Is Tommy a race baiter? Is that how you perceive him & how did you form that opinion?

Tommy is many things & the mortgage fraud aspect of his life is particularly difficult to accept. But he isn't a race baiter & if you took the time to listen to him you'd probably come to the same conclusion. But you won't will you, you will continue to have us all brainwashed by the narrative & refuse to accept that the religion of Islam is being corrupted & for reasons unknown our authorities are turning a blind eye.
was he refused access to the USA too? Fraud I believe? Interested in that type of person? No thanks, and I am surprised you are. Well, sort of surprised, but not fully.

Sponsored Links
Remind me, who recently appointed the top Chairman at the BBC?
And ....so what ? The chair has been left and right over the years...the Director General and the editorial board are responsible for reporting guidelines...and are responsible to the charter...To hold the Government of the day accountable...

In fairness to the beeb, many chairmen have rocked up and not what jot has changed as the Chair only holds the DG accountable to the charter...

Oh dear flying the flag of tommy says so much about you...you said "the religion of Islam is being corrupted"....no people are corrupted, a religion cannot be...and there you are out in the sunshine for all to see peddling the same dreary rubbish, you know where that quote came from, the one that makes out a whole religion and therefore all its followers as corrupt...give you a clue Mein Furh....

Left-winger, eh?

"Controversy surrounded his appointment as it was revealed that not only had he donated more than £400,000 to the Conservative Party, but that he was also formerly the director of the Centre for Policy Studies, a right-wing think tank created by Margaret Thatcher.[13] Critics have pointed out that a person who holds such a position as that of BBC chairman should be politically impartial.[14][15] The appointment followed that of Tim Davie, a former Conservative Party council candidate, to the role of Director-General.[16][17]

In January 2023, The Sunday Times reported that just weeks before Sharp was announced as BBC chairman, he helped the then Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, secure an £800,000 loan. Sharp helped connect Johnson with Sam Blyth, a multimillionaire Canadian businessman and distant cousin of Johnson, who acted as a guarantor.[18] Sharp did not disclose any involvement with Johnson's financial arrangements during the interview process, nor at a hearing before a select committee. He acknowledged that he "connected" Johnson and Blyth but denied that this was a conflict of interest.[19]"

"The chairman leads the process for appointing the Director-General and can dismiss the Director-General.[3]"

Richard Sharp is a true tory blue boy but the beeb itself is centre left which is has actually been the centre of uk politics for quite a while despite all the soundbites to the contrary. The beeb reflects the centre ground of politics....

but the beeb itself is centre left which is has actually been the centre of uk politics for quite a while despite all the soundbites to the contrary
Im not sure I agree.

I dont believe UK politics is centre left currently

Im not sure I agree.

I dont believe UK politics is centre left currently
It isnt. It hasn't been for a while.

And although I think the BBC is fairly central, it's definitely more centre right than centre left.

It's how it's led

DG of the BBC is always appointed by the government in power - a ctee but the cabinet, in effect. (look it up if you want to be a bit anal) so not the prime minister, not Johnson.
Always likely to be the same leaning as the gov party though, obvs.
Nothing to make a big deal out of.

I've always felt they were centre-ish, though inividual reporters are bad, one way or the other. Some are being booted out for that right now.

Try living in USA, Holland, France, Germany, Italy , SA, ... if you think the BBC is biased.

Conservative government hopes to distance itself from Tory sleaze.

"Sharp was named as the government’s choice to chair the BBC in January 2021, but although it was a political appointment, ministers are trying to wash their hands of the affair."

"Prime minister Rishi Sunak was standing by his former boss at Goldman Sachs over the weekend and is waiting to see the outcome of an independent inquiry into the affair."

https://www.ft.com/content/a637badc-184f-46a5-ac01-d85a10284e86

Sponsored Links
Back