BCA Auctions

Depends how you drive John. I have two C5 X7 estates and driven by me, who drives like a grandad - rarely over 60 mph or 2000 rpm, I get high '50s in the summer and low to mid 40s in the winter. The second one I bought shows an average consumption of 47 mpg over 6000+ miles and most of that was done by the previous owner. On a long motorway 50 mpg limit I have seen 70+ mpg from both of them. On our annual Scotland trip 60 mpg+ is the norm.

They are 2.0. Hdi manuals. I have had hydropneumatic Citroens for many years primarily for the ride comfort, the C5's I have now use springs but still ride better than any other modern car I have been in.

Manual, steel sprung cars are the most reliable. I paid 1500 pounds for my first one and a bit more for the second as it has the exclusive interior and for what they give you I reckon they are probably best value for money second hand car on the market. Leaking steering racks are the most common problem but you can get them reconditioned for 180 pounds, mine doesn't leak much so I just carry a can of LDS fluid in the back. Both of mine had doen 104k miles when I bought them, the 2.0. Hdi engine is pretty bombproof.

The later they are the more complicated they get, mine are the first, 2008, after 2010 they start getting electric steering and other horrible things. Both of my cars were in excellent condition with no scratches or dents - or at least they were before I bought them.:oops:

Peter

Sponsored Links
I only drove the X5 from Newcastle to Manchester airport and back - not clogging it either, cruising at 70 or so. Definitely less than 40 MPG which surprised me but it was a lovely drive.
I've no idea what size the engine is on these or indeed how many cylinders it has!
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back