Be careful with online spares

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ordrerd a part online (Spares Traders) and put the wrong postcode in the box. So they used the correct house number and wrong address, (removed my name) and delivered it to a bemused housewife who didn't have a clue what it was for. Luckily I tracked it down and found it, but I could have lost £100,s as she had signed for the parcel. So as far as they were concerned, it was delivered correctly.

So if you just happen to enter the wrong postcode it will be delivered to the house on that street with the same housenumber. The package will not show your name nor any bit of the correct address apart from the house number.

Sponsored Links
Understand what you say, but you put the wrong address, they delivered to that address, so there is no come back on them.
Unless you paid by credit card & they should only ship to the card address unless you have history with the company.

Understand what you say, but you put the wrong address, they delivered to that address, so there is no come back on them.
Unless you paid by credit card & they should only ship to the card address unless you have history with the company.

Agreed, but my point is that one postcode mistake and you are shafted!

Should buy from your local spares outlet and not be such a tightwad, no postage problems then.

Sponsored Links
Should buy from your local spares outlet and not be such a tightwad, no postage problems then.

I wasn't being a tightwad, I hadn't then found a local spares outlet. (I moved house) . Have now found a good one on the Buckshaw Estate in Chorley so no more postal problems!

Back