Beam alarm help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a spare scantronic panel and keypad. Id like to use this to install a beam on the front drive that just "chirps" when broken. How easy is this and any pointers please.
What would need to be wired up apart from the 12v and how would I set the scantronic to just chirp and not go off constantly?

Sponsored Links
What is model of the scantronic control panel
Are you looking at pair of photocell beams
These require power at both units so you would need a cable both side of the drive or
Use a outside pir to cover a cross drive.
Cat,dogs, foxes, birds ,leafs blown of trees across drive will all cause the beam to chrip.

Get a set of optex / pulnix beams and just set the zone to chime , depending on what old scantronic panel it is !

pulnix beams look good. the scantronic is an 9651, its only a few months old. Are these beams pretty reliable and are they better than the stuff on ebay at £30?

Sponsored Links
What happens if he turns the alarm on then?

Every time someone walks through them when the alarm is 'ON', off it will go, never mind the chime.

Im not looking to turn it on, Ideally I want a sounder inside and out so that anyone crossing it is aware they have been monitored. Can I wire 2 sounders into the panel to chirp? Am I right in thinking they would have to be both internal sounders as you cant get the external sounder to chirp? Thanks for replies.

ok thanks. What is the difference between a speaker and an internal sounder. Is the sounder just louder?

Im not looking to turn it on, Ideally I want a sounder inside and out so that anyone crossing it is aware they have been monitored. Can I wire 2 sounders into the panel to chirp? Am I right in thinking they would have to be both internal sounders as you cant get the external sounder to chirp? Thanks for replies.

Don't alert any intruder...just get out there with the 12 bore :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back