Beautiful Cars

Sponsored Links
V12 was a 5.3 litre engine don’t think merlin were involved ???

Prior to the V12 they used the 3.7 / 8 inline six
Banging out some thing like 260 BHP ???

Certainly the better engine imo and probably quicker or as quick as the V12

It was a lighter car

Body panels ect are an eye watering price ???

Sponsored Links
It was intended as a joke although the Merlin is actually a V12 (27 litres).

A merlin engine has been used in a car Rolls Royce took the bloke to court as he used the roller flying lady mascot watsit

Think the car was capable of 100 mph in reverse ??

There is also a cobra built in the states that uses a British built power boat racing engine he asked them for tech help which they were eager to give until they found out what it was being used for

They told him to go and do one

I can remember when a complete bonnet cost £750, would probably cost that for the wood it was packed in today.

Over 9 grand plus vat now. And a few weeks labour to fit.

Down at the festival of speed and revival they had the BRM formula one car

16 cylinder set up spent most of the time trying to bump start the thing never did get it running long enough to demo it

Than they had the moto Guzzi 500 V8 racer from the 50s to quiet

Unlike the hail wood 250 Honda 6

Ear shattering when that opens up

I'm looking
for Beautiful. Not for performance

I'm looking
for Beautiful. Not for performance

Yes, same here. Not interested in screaming around. Prefer big lazy engine and some comfort. Like my Yank tanks, anything from 50s to late 80s. The earlier ones might have handled like barges, but that's not the point. They were mobile works of art while we were making do with Austin A30s and Ford Prefects.

Must have owned 6 or 7 of these over the years, cheap and cheerful, lovely looking, had MK 111's IV's and 1500's. Sunday mornings, open the bonnet and sit on a front wheel tinkering with the carbs.

OIP.4QXlNv7cDQcOlYY8N_wLAAAAAA

Sponsored Links
Back