Bed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a five foot bed, need a new mattress, but herein lies the problem. I'd like a leccy blanket (I know, nesh, right?), but Mrs Secure is like the Princess with the pea-- she hates the wires underneath and does not want a blanket anyway, so I was wondering about getting 2 small single mattresses, which would also be good if we decided each of us wanted a different type of support.

Then I just get a single leccy blanket and Bob's your uncle (well, he's mine, anyway!)

Do you think this is workable?

Sponsored Links
You're not supposed to use an electric blanket all night - just so the bed is warm to get in to isn't it? (I've never owned one). Can you not just hot water bottles?

Don't see why not. Twin bed in a hotel is two singles pushed together. Mattresses usually have pull handles on the side. To prevent them sliding apart you could tie them together through these handles.

Sponsored Links
Would a double mattress heat up that much if a single electric blanket was on one side? The heat should mainly go upwards?

I bought my mum a single electric blanket and it had three settings. Depending which setting you used, it switched off after a certain time so you couldn't forget

Thanks, peeps.

STFF, some leccy blankets you can keep on low all night, they will switch off after a few hours so you can't forget.

This is the one I'm looking at, the only issue is it is made for a 3 foot mattress, not 2 foot 6. so the element wires may go round the corners, if that matters.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MQE4...&pd_rd_r=da2638d1-1c2b-11e9-a615-a37df77ba4ec

I may give them a ring to check. The alternative is to buy a 6 foot bed and get 2 x 3 foot mattress...

TCR. Just want heat on my side, hence the separate mattresses.

6 foot zip and link beds seem to be available, if you have the space.

Jeepers, can't stand being too warm in bed. I have to get into a cold bed too. Missus won't let me keep a window open though.:(

Jeepers, can't stand being too warm in bed. I have to get into a cold bed too. Missus won't let me keep a window open though.:(

I thought it was only me. I can only sleep if its cold - too warm and I get restless.

My idea of misery, a cold bed. Reminds me of boarding school in the 70's....:eek:
But then our whole bedroom is over a garage and the insulation is either woeful or non-existent.
Need desperately to do some insulating.

My idea of misery, a cold bed. Reminds me of boarding school in the 70's....:eek:
But then our whole bedroom is over a garage and the insulation is either woeful or non-existent.
Need desperately to do some insulating.

A good friend of mine moved into a huge old home. Each bedroom was like a cavern. So originally when he moved in his heating bill was 13k a year. Over time he has insulated the roof, all floors, changed the windows, walls. Fitted draught doors , a new heating system with the full Hive and now his heating bill is a more manageable £4k.

Insulate, Insulate, Insulate was his mantra.

Sponsored Links
Back